Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Blue Preferred, Denied Zync

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex Blue Preferred, Denied Zync

Applied for both at the same time, was approved for approved for Amex Blue Preferred but declined on Zync.

Anyone have any insight as to why? I thought Zync was much easier to get than Amex Blue Preferred!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Blue Preferred, Denied Zync

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for both at the same time, was approved for approved for Amex Blue Preferred but declined on Zync.

Anyone have any insight as to why? I thought Zync was much easier to get than Amex Blue Preferred!

What reasons did they give you for your denial for Zync? And was it the Blue Cash or Sky Preferred? Maybe they gave you the Blue and not the Zync because it has a higher AF?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet it's an income issue.  Maybe the Zync has a minimum income requirement?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird. I've always heard of it happening the other way around. I guess maybe income issues? But even still, you'd think that'd pertain to both.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

^Yea that's true, but I can see them having income requirements for cards with NPSL as opposed to revolving cards.

Message 5 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Blue. It is very tough to get it. I am sure you'll get the Zync in due time.

Message 6 of 11
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

I know you said you applied for both at the same time but which one did you actually hit submit on first and how long between each one did you wait?  Seems to me if you qualified for the Bliue Cash Preferred you would qualify for the zync.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, here are more details. I am happy but just wanted to share the experience. This board has been a great help.

I applied for ZYNC first was denied online immediately.

Then I applied for Blue Cash Preferred about 15 mins later and was denied online immediately.

I called in the next day to check on why I was denied on Blue Cash first and the agent told me it was actually approved and on the way. He wasnt able to give me more info.

At that point I didn't bother with the ZYNC. Should I call in and try to get more info on the ZYNC card? Any advice on this?

They also pulled EX. My EX score through freecreditreport.com is 746, but the approval letter from AMEX said my score was 706.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scientifics

What does AF stand for? I checked the abbreviation guide and couldn't find anything.

edit: nm: Annual Fee just connected Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Blue!  Not an easy approval...may've simply not qualified for a 2nd Amex product at the time of app, not everyone will.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.