Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!!! for Amex Business Platinum and Amex Personal Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!!! for Amex Business Platinum and Amex Personal Platinum

I just got approved for a Amex Business Platinum for my company which is an INC. and I also got a approved for a personal Amex platinum. Im not sure I need both. I may down grade the personal to a Gold. I first apped for Plum but got declined due to insufficient credit so I guess they found it better to give me two Platinum Cards - lol

My Current Cards are

Amex Delta Gold 9 months $2300

Amex SPG 9 months $2100

Citi Diamond Perfered 2 years $5500

CU 2 years $2000

Discover 10 years $3500 

Home Depot 4 years $2000 (was $5500 but got reduced for no real reason)

My EQ Fico is around 708

Is there any reason I should keep both a personal and business platinum account?Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved!!! for Amex Business Platinum and Amex Personal Platinum

no reason to keep 2 plat.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I down grade my personal platinum to Gold I can you use my business Platinum where the Gold falls off like club access etc. Is that correct?

i just want to keep my personal and business on two seperate accounts.

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first Purchase on my Amex Business Platinum was at Wal-Mart for $94.00. Smiley Very Happy  Does that mean Amex will cancel my card??? lol

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used Platinum concierge today for first time. I call Mitchell's Fish Market at 6pm hoping to get reservations at 7:30pm. I was told by the host that they did not have anything until after 9pm. So I call Amex Concierge and told them what I wanted and then was placed on hold for about 3 min. After which time they came back and told me that had me reservations at 7:30. I'm not sure how they pulled it off but I was happy none the less.

Message 6 of 8
hogwild

Same here!  I have a Business Platinum Card that I restarted this year and just changed my Gold Premium Personal Amex to Platinum.  As far as keeping both Platinum cards go, well, it's a personal choice but it's good to have one of each plus it looks good on your credit history.  I had made a mistake of closing these in the past but that will not happen again.  These days, these types of cards are getting more difficult to come by and if you happen to have them, then hold on to them.  JMHO in this matter.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@hogwild wrote:

Same here!  I have a Business Platinum Card that I restarted this year and just changed my Gold Premium Personal Amex to Platinum.  As far as keeping both Platinum cards go, well, it's a personal choice but it's good to have one of each plus it looks good on your credit history.  I had made a mistake of closing these in the past but that will not happen again.  These days, these types of cards are getting more difficult to come by and if you happen to have them, then hold on to them.  JMHO in this matter.  Smiley Very Happy

The card type doesn't show on your reports. But you do get the advantage of two separate tradelines (credit accounts) reporting.

Anyway, glad you're glad! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.