cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Delta Sky Miles...want Blue!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex Delta Sky Miles...want Blue!!!

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice on my initial message, especially you Montana! I did as you suggested and got approved with a limit of $6,400. Now I'd like to know what to do to convert this to Amex Blue. I'm open to all suggestions from anyone! Thanks again.

In addition, does anyone know why credit scores would increase for EQ & EX, but stay the same for TU?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Delta Sky Miles...want Blue!!!

I called AMEX and just asked to convert it.  I had to call 3 times to speak to someone who would allow it, but it was easy once I found the person who would help.  I was told to use the words "product change" by the forum when calling, and it did seem to work. 

AMEX rules!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

When the card arrives in the mail, call and speak to a CSR and ask to convert to one of the Blues.  Good Luck.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the card!
 When you get it, call the number on the back of the card and press 0 ( like 3 times ). Do not ask to activate yet but ask to convert to an AMEX Blue cash ( gives you cash back without all the rewards crap ). If CSR says he can't ....ask for a "product change " to amex blue cash. after the convertion is done ( and you will get it don't worry ) ask for the card to be activated.
You should be all set.
Good luck.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Montana. Now would this be the time to apply for Discover as well or should I wait a month or so? The Amex will be the only CC I have. My scores are  TU-716, EQ-718 & EX-720.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SpecFile. I appreciate the help.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happyi think it is better to wait at least 6 more month ( you will have to use amex at 1-9% utilization and PIF each month. Your FICO will jump, I estimate ( though it's hard )around middle to upper 700's.......and that is the time to apply for discover to get prime rate and terms.

Some people who have applied with your scores, got their subprime card that is underwritten by discover partners. I would avoid this card at any cost. It has annual fee, high APR and such.

Right now you are on your way to the PRIME life. Apply only for cards from BOFA, WAMU, CITI, WELLS FARGO, Merril Lynch, Schwab, AMEX and DISCOVER. in 6 month that is. if you apply once in 6 month you'll be in all set.

Also, try not apply for any type of "consumer finance" loans that are run by major prime lenders, they are: Citifinancial, WellFargoFinancial and alike. They will all hurt your FICO and hurt your chances of owning a prime card such as discover.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I won't do anything else until then. For the most part, I've caught on to the lingo used in the forums, but what is "PIF?" I couldn't figure that one out. Thanks again.
Message 8 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Pay in full
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duh!! Thanks MV...
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.