Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Gold Card, But..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex Gold Card, But..

Anyone else have any thoughts?  Thanks as always for your help!

Message 11 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I really don't think that it will be an issue ~ just take good care of your new Gold card, and like you said, it should be dropped from your reports in a few months.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Re: Approved for Amex Gold Card, But..

The CA never sent a dunning letter within 5 days of "initial communication", so this is what I did and what happened!  Thought I'd update:

So I filed complaints with the FTC and BBB about this violation and also sent and spoke to LVNV CA about this violation.  I looked at all the CRA's today and the CA trade line has been removed.  The DOFD was 8/2005 so this debt was due to come off in 6-7 months.  They slapped the CA trade line this month, knowing it would be removed soon.  I feel like the system worked and couldn't do it without all your help!  Any chance this reappears or will I get some kind of letter from LVNV saying its been removed and closed?  I would think they knew a violation occured and not worth the risk of legal action?

Message 13 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Update Re: Approved for Amex Gold Card, But..

Congrats ! Great news that they deleted it ! You shouldn't have anything to worry about now.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Good going jjsten!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!  Any chance this thing reappears?  I don't think so since I made such a big deal about the FDCPA violation, but thoughts are always appreciated!

Message 16 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.