Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Cabelas...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Cabelas...

Someone suggested I apply for Cabelas and Partnersfirst, rather then Target Visa (or BOa who turned me down!)

PFirst didn't do instant but pulled my Efax on Saturday when it was 720 with about 15% utilization and only the Cap1 7yo CO on it. Assuming I am/will be approved, $ is in issue I guess.

Cabelas asked me to verify an old phone # from 1 of 7 from 7 years ago, couldn't, told me they couldn't approve instantly, when I called 2 mins later they said they had but couldn't tell me the line.

Hoping I'll get $5k with each of those. My top personal card is $5k, and AUs (if they took the time to review/compare) are as high as $20k.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Cabelas...

That was me... 

Cograts on the Cabelas...  I bet at least 5k...  I think you get partners first as well.  Let us know the CL's.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

got my card today....

3k!!!!!

OMG so excited.

by far my highest since rebuilding
Message 3 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Great...  they will be sending you a gift as well...  I have enjoyed my card so far and have earned some rewards... 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OMG... logged in to setup my online management and the credit line had been reduced to $1500.
Called in and she said they recently changed credit practices and they were reviewing all new accounts to reduce risk, that I can request cli every 4 months from date of first statement, which they sent along with card. So from today.
Anyone else log in with new card and see a surprise like this?
I'm still happy they approved but irritated that someone went back in behind a credit underwriter and changed decision.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
OMG... logged in to setup my online management and the credit line had been reduced to $1500.
Called in and she said they recently changed credit practices and they were reviewing all new accounts to reduce risk, that I can request cli every 4 months from date of first statement, which they sent along with card. So from today.
Anyone else log in with new card and see a surprise like this?
I'm still happy they approved but irritated that someone went back in behind a credit underwriter and changed decision.

Yes, it happened to me. Approved for $4k on the mailed card, called in said it was 2k, said they cut online apps in half, based on income, won't raise CL. I told 'em had just been approved for $10k from Partners First they said they are a small bank.
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well partners first declined me for bk!
Message 7 of 8
first48
Frequent Contributor

I just logged in and I still have my measly 500.00.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.