Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CapitalOne Credit Card, Phone Application

tag
sonson
Regular Contributor

Approved for CapitalOne Credit Card, Phone Application

Decided to finally try to apply for a capitalone Credit Card, heard you can still get a CC with a low Credit score. I first went on their website to call to see if i can qualify for a credit card with my scores. The CSR was very helpful and nice, and i told her my situation of trying to rebuilding my credit and wanted to know the likelihood of getting a card with them with my score. My Scores were EQ 605, TU just bought today was 614. She said didn't say i was eligible just yet. and they told me they had cards for people to rebuild their credit. I ask i was stucked between the Plantinum Classic and No Hassle Cash Rewards w/ 39AF. I asked her what she taught about the cards and she actually had both. I made my decision on getting the cash rewards in knowing that i can use the card more often to utilize the cash rewards. We started the application process. After i gave my information she submitted the application. Couple seconds later, she said "Congratulations approve for 300" i was so happy. My highest Credit Limit thus far from my BestBuy RZ Master card of 100. She also told me that i was eligible for a CLI with a good payments history for 3 months, and so on. 

Sorry so long, just so happy =] thanks Myfico! reading on the forums everyday really helped. on my way to rebuilding my credit!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Travis-84
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for CapitalOne Credit Card, Phone Application

Sounds like capital one is a pretty good company to work with.  I just got approved for a credit card with them about 3 days ago. 

Since were on the subject of capital one, how does their credit steps program work.  I've heard people mention it.  Is the CLI automatic for everybody, or do you have to sign up for a specific program to get on it?

Message 2 of 5
sonson
Regular Contributor

Travis:

I asked her about the  Credit Steps program and told her if my card was eligible for the program and she told me all new accounts are put under the program. so all we need to do is have a good payment history and we should see CLI after the first 3 months.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I called the backdoor number today to check on my online application status and was told I have been approved too!!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told the same thing, i will get a cli with in 3 mos, well here i'm on my 4th statement  and still no cli, so  I called and the csr told me i will get one on my 5th statement and that they had me at a cl line of $1000. I was approved  for a cl of $500 when i applied in Dec, 09.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.