Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Freedom

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Approved for Chase Freedom

I applied online today and was approved for a Chase Freedom card with a CL of $1500 which I am a little disappointed with.  Has anyone had experience in getting a CLI at activation.  I was really looking for a higher credit line because I want to transfer a couple of balances. 

Thank you in advance for your replies!

EQ:  685

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase Freedom

You can certainly call the back door number that you is listed here on the site. Since you were approved, you should be able to call in right now and ask for more.

I have found they are very nice to work with.

Good luck, let us know what happens for you.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 8
jj10939
Regular Contributor

I tried calling the backdoor number and she tried to transfer me to customer service.  Is there a particular number you have used Ray?

Message 3 of 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

when i got my Freedom card, i was in the same situation as you.  i wanted to take advantage of their BT offer but my limit was not enough to get a BT of approx. $1200 from my other 3 cc's.  i called and was transferred to customer service.  they took my CLI request over the phone and of course, denied.  i then turned around and called the backdoor number to ask for a recon on the CLI denial.  i spoke with a really nice lady and asked me the amount i was looking for and why.  i told her to do a BT balances from my other cards and a little extra amount so that my util will not be 100% (was asking to get my CL up to $2k).  she reviewed my report and told me the problem was that my judgement from EQ was not showing properly as paid.  it's showing pending.  i explained to her regarding the judgement and she told me to get EQ to show it as paid and she will not see any problems in me getting my CLI req.  she said she made notes on my file on exactly what we talked about so that when everything is corrected, i can call back and they can pull up the file and read her notes.  the only problem is whether EQ can finish their investigation within the 30day window i have.

so as far as your question about getting a CLI upon activation, yes...it can be done.

Message 4 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

so as far as your question about getting a CLI upon activation, yes...it can be done.

I'd still like to see others where it actually happened.  I believe the CSR said that but as we've all read here before, CSRs aren't always accurate or some seem to "know" and say different things that aren't entirely accurate. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

I'd still like to see others where it actually happened.  I believe the CSR said that but as we've all read here before, CSRs aren't always accurate or some seem to "know" and say different things that aren't entirely accurate. 

ok just wanted to update this post.  SUCCESS!!  the CLI request when i opened the card was given to me.  of course they pulled an updated EQ report to make sure that the judgement has been updated to show paid instead of pending.  of course, the downside to that was a lot more verification questions.  since my discover is now showing on my report, the rep wanted to know why i built up a balance on my discover so quickly.  she also wanted to know why i had been applying for so much credit.  i explained the discover balance and told her that the inquiries (4 on EQ) were me trying to get better cards than the cap one and BBRZ MC cards i currently have.

but to tell you the truth, not sure how i feel about it.  i originally wanted the CL to go to $2K from $800.  but the approved CLI amount was missing a zero from the CL i requested Smiley Very Happy $200 was not worth the hit.  she told me that since my relationship with them was too new, they'd like to see how i would handle their card.  but no matter, i have no plans to apply for anymore credit for the next 12-24 months anyway.  so it's a full blown gardening mode for me from here on out.

so to the OP's question....yes, a CLI at activation does happen.  just be ready to really be under the microscope.  i half expected the rep to ask me how i drink my milk in the morning Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Well I decided to call again and I got a great CSR who was all over my request.  He pulled up my application and asked me a few questions of things on my CR and asked how much I wanted.  I requested an additional $2000 because I wanted to take advantage of their balance transfer option.  After putting my on hold for a couple minutes, he said he noted my file and submitted the request for further review and about two days later I called the automated system and it said my CL was $3500 which I am very happy with.

It's funny how experiences change with different representatives.  The first couple times I called, I just got someone who quickly wanted to transfer me to customer service and not really want to help.  Persistance pays off! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@jj10939 wrote:

Well I decided to call again and I got a great CSR who was all over my request.  He pulled up my application and asked me a few questions of things on my CR and asked how much I wanted.  I requested an additional $2000 because I wanted to take advantage of their balance transfer option.  After putting my on hold for a couple minutes, he said he noted my file and submitted the request for further review and about two days later I called the automated system and it said my CL was $3500 which I am very happy with.

It's funny how experiences change with different representatives.  The first couple times I called, I just got someone who quickly wanted to transfer me to customer service and not really want to help.  Persistance pays off! Smiley Very Happy

hey that's good!  congratulations on the nice jump! 

yeah when i called the first time today, the person that answered sounded like he had a long day already so i just hung up.  called again and got a female rep that had a bit more energy in her voice.  i think she was trying to trap me with her questions because she kept asking questions i answered a couple of weeks ago.  she would look at the notes on my account and then say, "yes, i do see that was discussed with the last rep".  she was probably trying to see if my story has changed.  but i'll take what they're gonna give after the 3rd degree i was put through Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.