Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Chase Slate

Hey Everyone,

I know I should be gardening, but I started banking with Chase a month or so ago and decided I wanted a CC for overdraft protection. First I applied for a Freedom card and was declined. I figured it'd be easier to be approved for the Slate, but was also declined. Called the backdoor number, no dice. The letters I received stated too many inq's as the reason for denial. I do have quite a few over the last two years but most are expiring in the next 2-4 months.

Anyways......I wrote Chase a letter and included a copy of my transunion report (my best report with only 4 inq's) and asked if they would reconsider my app for a credit card with a $1,000 credit line. When I logged into Chase Online last night, I noticed I had a Slate card with a $400 credit limit.

Its not much, but at least its an approval. I'm hoping I'll get some sort of CLI in the next year or so if I put a lot of activity through it. I'd like to do a PC to Freedom and get extra points for being a Checking account customer. Do you think they'll let me do a PC even though I was just approved for the card?

I'm definitely going to garden now. No more apps until after I graduate so I can hopefully buy a car.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Chase Slate

No dice, customer service says my card is not eligble for a product change at this time.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story of recon!  May I ask you some questions?

How long is your AAoA? Do they pull EX, EQ or TU in your area?

What is your EQ,TU FICO score? How much is your biggest TL at application time?

Do they second pull your TU when you attached its report with your recon letter?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They originally pulled Equifax. I of course asked them to pull transunion in my letter, but they pulled Experian for the 2nd look at my app. I guess they wanted a picture of all three of my reports maybe? I don't know. Equifax Score watch says my score is 700 and I know my Transunion (lender pulled) is 708.

I have a BankAmericard M/C with a $2,500 limit and was approved two months ago for a Discover More card with a $2,500 limit (which is not reporting at this time).

AAOA is.....1 yr 5 mths

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi phone kid, what address did you mail the recon letter to?

thanks.  i might try that.

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I know I should be gardening, but I started banking with Chase a month or so ago and decided I wanted a CC for overdraft protection. First I applied for a Freedom card and was declined. I figured it'd be easier to be approved for the Slate, but was also declined. Called the backdoor number, no dice. The letters I received stated too many inq's as the reason for denial. I do have quite a few over the last two years but most are expiring in the next 2-4 months.

Anyways......I wrote Chase a letter and included a copy of my transunion report (my best report with only 4 inq's) and asked if they would reconsider my app for a credit card with a $1,000 credit line. When I logged into Chase Online last night, I noticed I had a Slate card with a $400 credit limit.

Its not much, but at least its an approval. I'm hoping I'll get some sort of CLI in the next year or so if I put a lot of activity through it. I'd like to do a PC to Freedom and get extra points for being a Checking account customer. Do you think they'll let me do a PC even though I was just approved for the card?

I'm definitely going to garden now. No more apps until after I graduate so I can hopefully buy a car.

CONGRATS!!! treat this card right and Chase will show you luv in the future!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.