cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Forward (student edition) for $2000! Done with apps till next year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Citi Forward (student edition) for $2000! Done with apps till next year

I applied for Citi Forward Student card, with 7 inquiries on my CR, and lo and behold, was approved for $2000.  Highest CL yet.  By the end of this month I'll pay off the Crapital One card and stuff it in a sock drawer.  It hasn't reported anything to my CR either, just the two Chase cards are on it.

So no more apps until next year...I want an Amex!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Forward (student edition) for $2000! Done with apps till next year

I never got approved for student cards even though I'm a student..go figure. I have plenty of credit though! Lol

Congrats!!!!:-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 9
littlelottie
Valued Member

Re: Approved for Citi Forward (student edition) for $2000! Done with apps till next year

Congrats! I was approved for one a month ago and I love it so far. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that seems high for a student card. Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Bah. They denied me for too manu inqs in last 6 months last year and i only had like...3 total

Congrats on your approval. Im still itching to get my forward. :-)
Message 5 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too but I'm positive I applied for the student edition THOUGH I did have a previous app that was just sitting in limbo (last month) and  Citi had me reapply because I had moved to a new place.

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Welcome to the garden.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for Citi Forward Student card, with 7 inquiries on my CR, and lo and behold, was approved for $2000.  Highest CL yet.  By the end of this month I'll pay off the Crapital One card and stuff it in a sock drawer.  It hasn't reported anything to my CR either, just the two Chase cards are on it.

So no more apps until next year...I want an Amex!

Congrats! Forward looks like a great card. I'm thinking of PCing my Plat for Forward.

If you really want Amex, I think you'd be able to get Zync. Have you apped w/Amex yet? If you have at least 6 mos credit history and the scores in your sig, I think you could get Zync now.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.