Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Costco TE

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Costco TE

Congrats! Seems like a great card to have.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 11 of 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

congrats! i didn't realize you got 3€€€€€€€ per back at costco with exec membership...good to know!

It is 3% in the sense that as an Exec member I get 2% back in the form of a check (in my case, I receive it in May), and I earn 1% back on purchases made at Costco with my TE card (this reward will come from AmEx). Hope I didn't confuse anyone!
Message 12 of 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I was aiming for this card or one of the Blue Cash cards, but I'd been denied twice for those already. It seems the third time has been the charm with AmEx for me! Haha. I was denied for Zync twice, went for Green and got it.
Message 13 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Hello all, I was shopping at Costco today and they had the signup desk going. I have had my AmEx Green charge card since late December, right around 6 months. I had applied for BCP in February I believe and BCE in April, both times denied (too little time as AmEx CM, etc...). I decided to give it a try again today and see if an in-store app would change my luck. Instant approval - $2k, 0% APR until 12/12, then 15.24 (variable) thereafter. Hopefully card is backdated to 6/11. I feel I've made some great steps since April of last year, when I started my journey with a $500 secured BofA Plat Plus. I cannot thank this site enough!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 18
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I was aiming for this card or one of the Blue Cash cards, but I'd been denied twice for those already. It seems the third time has been the charm with AmEx for me! Haha. I was denied for Zync twice, went for Green and got it.

Interesting!

When did you apply for the Zync?

Congrats btw.  I know the DGF and/or I would love to get the TE, as we shop/gas via Costco, since it's right up the street.  Think 93oct yesterday was $3.57

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 18
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

93 Octane at $3.57 would definitely make me apply! LOL. They are opening a new Costco close by in a couple weeks, so I may have to check into this...

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 16 of 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I received my card today. Applied on Sunday, received on Friday. Card looks nice. I still can't help but wonder if the sign-up drive at Costco that day helped the app get through or was I just ready then. Would I have had the same results app'ing online for BCE? Oh well. I'm excited to have this card. BofA 123, Discover More, this card, and don't forget my big fish Household Plat (CapOne) 2% rewards have my bases covered for the time being. Oh yeah, I guess I received the best terms (15.24% APR) for this card, so no FICO score given to me.
Message 17 of 18
Quips
Regular Contributor

Congrats - it's a great card to have. I love the 2% for restaurants and 3% for gas.

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.