cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CreditOne CL $400 then (next day) approved for HouseHold Bank Platinum $300 CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for CreditOne CL $400 then (next day) approved for HouseHold Bank Platinum $300 CL

Anyone have experience with CreditOne? Since I got the HSBC card today I'm thinking about just calling them and telling them I don't want it anymore....

The only other cards I have is a Cap1 $500CL and a Macy's which doesn't report a CL but they don't ever let me exceed $100.

I'm hardly going to use the CreditOne card, would it be a good idea to keep it for utilization?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for CreditOne CL $400 then (next day) approved for HouseHold Bank Platinum $300 CL

I'm pretty new to all of this, but from what I've been reading on myfico it seems like it's never a bad idea to leave an unused account open.  It increases your AAoA and UTL.

Message 2 of 4
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Re: Approved for CreditOne CL $400 then (next day) approved for HouseHold Bank Platinum $300 CL

And the good news is, if you don't use it at least a bit, eventually they get around to closing it anyway. Whether you want that or not is up to you.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to admit it but I have CreditOne card and I have a 752 FICO.

I will close it next year before the annual fee.

The annual fee is currently at $75 for the first year, then $99 the next. Billed MONTHLY at $8.25

You have Capital One which is far better than CreditOne. You honestly don't need them. After year 1 you'll have to pay $8.25 a month. Pretty much impossible to leave the card "dormant"

ALSO, there is no grace period whatsoever. Don't bother paying in full because you will get a bill for all accrued interest.

It could just be talk, but a user on here was allegedly informed by a CSR that Macy's will start reporting your CR and high balance again. 

If you have a good history on all your current accounts, and don't have any unsettled items, then you could probably get some store cards. I don't know if you're building or re-building.

If you can set aside money for a secured card, it will help your debt/credit ratio. Try for a couple more store cards. You'll be at 750+ like me in no time Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.