Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Crown Jeweler's Card But?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Crown Jeweler's Card But?

I was approved for a $1500 cl with Crown Jeweler's, but what is the deal with the down payment ? If I make a purchase do I have to send in a down payment prior to them sending the merchandise? Also are they good with reporting because it would really help my utilization while I try to pay down other cc's.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Crown Jeweler's Card But?

Hi, you do have to send a down payment for whatever you may purchase on their website before they do anything.  I opened up a crown jewlers account end of may, I purchased a necklace, sent them a money order for the down payment arount $40.00 and received the necklace on June 10, 2008 via ups.  To this day I am still awaiting for them to report to the cra's TU and EX I ask about this through a thread and someone  replied they report in the beginning of every month and I just missed it so hopefully and anxiously awaiting for the beginning of July to see what happens, if you haven't done anything yet I would do it now to get the ball rolling.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice tray. I have thier website opened in my other browser looking for something for dear wife right now. Did you pay with paypal or another source?
Message 3 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I do not have paypal I paid with a money order and they recieved the payment fast surprisingly since it went to tx and I am from ma.  If you have paypal use it also there has been reports of fraud with using checking accounts/debit accounts.  Please read there is a thread by someone now on one of the forums can't remember which one could be cc/general credit issues/ or rebuilding credit about this and there has been other threads as well.  So be careful in how you pay.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't believe they report to all 3 credit agencies? I have seen them on one of mine but can't remember about the others.
Message 5 of 10
GFer
Valued Contributor

I get them confuse at times. Looking at my report now---they report to:

TU and EX
And yes, they report around the 1st of the month. They seem to be reliable reporters too! Unlike HSBC and some others....Smiley Mad

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

even if they only report to EX, TU you may be able to report it to EQ yourself!
Message 7 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

how can you report it to EQ? I thought only the company can report your account?
Message 8 of 10
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious to as to how to get it to report to EQ
Message 9 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

use ONLY Paypal, check, or mo.  Do NOT pay direct thru their site.  There have been issues with accounts being compromised.  I don't trust them!

They only report to 2 bureaus.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.