Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover More! :D

tag
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover More! :D

Almost forgot to say that the application was for the Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. I was aiming for their 'easiest' card, hopefully I wasn't off the mark.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a great card!

I remember how happy I was when I got mine. They gave a whopping $8,000 CL to start, but a APR of 17.99% Smiley Mad

Enjoy it!

Also, check and see if you have one of the Bonus Cash promos on yours. Like for example if you spend '$xxxx' in the first 'x' months you get a bonus $150 cash back.

Message 22 of 23
nyqutie
New Contributor

nyqutie. i noticed your scores; these are high enough as they should merit your approval for a discover more card. unless you have many inquiries or baddies, i don't see why you cant open one yourself now?

i don't know where i found it on discovers website, but they clearly mention what fico score they are looking for to approve people for their cards. they want 650, but they did mention that a solid 650 that has been this way for some time. (i would guess perhaps a year or 6 months.)

earth air water fire

eq fico 716 aa free

master what builds you
visa what relieves you
express what invigorates yo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scottwagnon,

There is such a huge difference on my TU and Equifax that it is crazy a 100 point spread.  The only thing I have on my TU report is (3) Sallie Mae TL's with lates but they are over 5 years old.  I have no other baddies and only 4 inquires.  

My Equifax report is clean hence the FICO score of 757 I  have (1) inquiry for 2011 and (3) inquires for 2010 all about year old .  

My Experian I'm not sure but I have those same (3) Sallie Mae TL's with lates on there and a Public Record (not mine) I've been trying to get rid of and only (1) inquiry on there.

Not really sure what Discover pulls so I've been working hard trying to get those Sallie Mae tradelines gone and of course that public record.  So I'm waiting to apply...

Starting Score: TU 450 EQ 491 (06 2010) Current Score: TU 746 EQ 747 EX 629 (Public Record "not" Mine can't get this darn thing OFF) (06 2013) Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800 EX 700
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.