cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for GE Money, Fink's Jewelers. So I HAD to buy the watch :-)

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Approved for GE Money, Fink's Jewelers. So I HAD to buy the watch :-)

Well, I've been admiring a particular watch for quite a while (Rolex Deepsea). Filled out the app, gave them my BCP to swipe, and in about 10 seconds was approved for the total price of $10,100. My EQ was 696 due to some high balances reporting. My consulting business has been booming the last couple months and I'm making some large purchases for the projects. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't cover the entire thing so I'd have a way to talk myself out of it! But thanks to you guys...haha. I blame all of you for my good credit ;-)

This month alone I'll earn about $330 on my BCP and my Venture about $550 (30,000 miles from signup and 25,000 from purchases). I am really pleased with where I am now in the credit world. Even floating around 700, I scored a great card, the Venture. So scores aren't everything, it definitely pays to know how to build an attractive profile. This forum is immensely valuable, thanks!

Between my Blue Cash Preferred, and my Business Venture, I've pretty much got all my bases covered. Well, maybe a good restaurant card :-)

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for GE Money, Fink's Jewelers. So I HAD to buy the watch :-)

Congrats!  I typically prefer AP to Rolex, but that's for another forum Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Just remember to sock some of that money away that you are enjoying the "good time" with the way financial markets swing these days and many other aspects what is good today can go away tomorrow.

Take it from someone who has seen it happen to them on more than one occasion. I got off that train a long time ago !!!!!  I used to have enough watches to outfit a small country. That stuff no longer matters. Beating the banks at their own game is where I get off.

Message 3 of 6
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Haha. I could get extremely wreckless with buying watches so I have to contain myself. I still love my Omega Planet Ocean, but the Deepsea is sweet :-) And I can always sell the Rolex and get my money back, which is a pretty marked benefit to buying the brand. I put 2k down on it and the rest is interest free for 12 months. I'll pay it off and get a GMT Master II next :-) Or a Blue dial Submariner. I really like that one. Getting off topic lol...

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 4 of 6
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

I so hear you on the watches. And you right Rolli's are somewhat recession proof and east to off load if the you know what hits the fan. Congrats either way

Bell and Ross was my sick obession. I had 14 of them.......

Message 5 of 6
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:

Just remember to sock some of that money away that you are enjoying the "good time" with the way financial markets swing these days and many other aspects what is good today can go away tomorrow.

Good advice. I joke that the Rolex was my "savings plan", but yes its always good to have a rainy day fund. I admit I've splurged on a couple things I've had my eye on, but I think I'm ready to reel it in and focus on propping myself up for a rainy day.

What's in my wallet?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.