cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Marriott Rewards, Not Seen on Account?

tag
Commandolam
New Contributor

Approved for Marriott Rewards, Not Seen on Account?

Hey guys, 

I was approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier card on Dec. 9th (with a $12k limit no less!) so I called Chase and asked them to expedite the card.  Apparently it takes some time for the card to show up so they can actually expedite it, according to the CSR, and he had me call back the next day.  I did just that, but it's still not showing up on my account. In fact, it even says my application is pending, but I absolutely got the approval message and the email to prove it.  I called again today (2 days later now) and nothing had been updated so they can't expedite it yet.

Is this normal for new cards?  How long should it normally take for their system to be updated so I can expedite it?

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blackhawk2
Valued Member

Re: Approved for Marriott Rewards, Not Seen on Account?

I had the same experience with the Marriott card. You have definitely been approved, but Chase is waiting on Marriott to confirm your Marriott account information. Once my account information was set they were able to expedite the card (I believe it took 2 days). Congrats!

Amex BCE 18k I Amex SPG 6k I CSP 8k I Chase Marriott 7k I Discover It 3.5k I Chase Freedom 2.1k

EX: 735 | EQ: 767 | TU: 770

Credit cards are great when you don't need them.
Message 2 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@blackhawk2 wrote:

I had the same experience with the Marriott card. You have definitely been approved, but Chase is waiting on Marriott to confirm your Marriott account information. Once my account information was set they were able to expedite the card (I believe it took 2 days). Congrats!

+1.  If you did not put your Marriott Rewards acct # on your application, then it'll take 1-2days(at most) for Chase to sync your Marriott acct # and it'll show up on your Chase account.  I was not a member of the Hyatt Rewards Program, it took about 3 days to generate the Hyatt's Rewards acct & it showed up on my Chase account.  Once after your account #s (both Marriott & Chase CC) are created, the delivery is pretty quick.   You have nothing to worry.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Great limit.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 5
Commandolam
New Contributor

Awesome! Thanks very much, guys. Really appreciate the quick and informative replies.

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.