cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Motiva=approval for Amex BCE?

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Motiva=approval for Amex BCE?

@Jd, an EMPLOYEE at your bank tried to jack all the money out of your account?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 31 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gettnthere wrote:
@Anonymous, an EMPLOYEE at your bank tried to jack all the money out of your account?

I really just posted as a word of warning and didnt want to go off topic, but since I am a big hater of TD Bank... I will really quick!!!

Not at the local branch I banked at. You see, TD's main CSR call center is up in Maine and that is where Amex called. The next day, $7,500 which is the max you can do at a counter withdrawal in a day (heck, I didn't even know this but all TD bank employess knew this quite well) in two counter withdrawls (one at 3,700 and one at 3,800) occurred up in Maine at a branch no more than 20 minutes from the call center. The CSR wrote down my account number, name, and driver's license number (this is all stuff they have access to just by confirming your account number) and either got others involved or did it herself. I cannot confirm exactly the outcome yet as it is still "under investigation"... even 2 years after.

The funny thing of it all, I carried an out of state ID compared to my address at that time. But they made the fake ID's with my living address. So the DL # completely did not match as it should (not that a TD employee would know that) but it was still kind of funny to see as well as the forged signatures on copies of the withdrawal slips.

Message 32 of 49
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OMG!!!! Wow!!! Well, I know a few bankers at my bank (Chase). I might try that. I just don't want them disclosing any other personal information to Amex.

I loooovveeee Chase, despite them trying to raise my rate on my old Wamu account, which I closed grrrr
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

No personal information was disclosed to Amex.

The call went like this:

Got connected, gave my account member. Amex asked the CSR if she could verify the account number I gave.  Amex asked if the account had been open for longer than a year. CSR said yes. Amex asked CSR for the address on the account. CSR gave address. That was all, disconnected with bank. Amex said Congrats you are approved.

Message 34 of 49
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 35 of 49
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Jd!!! So right!!! **bleep**!! So I called them to do the addy verify over the phone, and they APROVED me for $3,500!!! Then 22.24% after the 12 month promo of 0%.

I can't believe it!!!!! Btw, they pulled TU and it was 696.
They told me all of the stuff I usually get in a letter over the phone!!! Wow... So I Guess Disc Motiva approval DOES equal Amex BCE approval!! I've never had so much 0% credit ever in my life!! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 36 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy Congrats on the approval!!l! Told ya that was the easiest way (for me convenience came at a cost haha)! The BCE takes forever to get mailed in. So don't get nervous they changed their mind LOL

Message 37 of 49
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Im just gonna go ahead and call the backdoor num for my barclay's amex to see if they will cli me. Since they pull TU and I'm at 696, might as well.

*credit ego is big atm* hehe
Message 38 of 49
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

@ youngandcreditwrthy. So they approved you with a freeze on your credit reports? I just read a previous tread that you was approved for a AmEX card today with the freeze on your reports.

Message 39 of 49
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Edit* Aprroved for a Discover card today as well

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.