Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Sony Card (Cap1) - Received Credit Score Disclosure

tag
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Approved for Sony Card (Cap1) - Received Credit Score Disclosure

Since Citi has been crappy about approving my application for Citi Forward and I still need an awards card for Dining I went to another site and searched for a good dining card.  Sony Card was number 2 on the list (number one sans AF).  Results:

I need a bigger wallet Smiley Happy

Credit Limit: $3,000.00 
 Purchase APR: 0% intro APR until December 2011; after that, 19.9% variable APR

Not thrilled about the low limit (I have an AMEX and Discover with this limit), but I'll take what I can get.  Now I have an all year round dining card.  

I wonder if PS3 games get 5X rewards Smiley Surprised

Edit 2/22/2011

Cap1 disclosed my EX score which is useful.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Sony Card (Cap1)

Considering how often Cap1 issues $300 and $500 limits like candy... I would be jumping for joy at 3k... congrats.

Message 2 of 13
-Furbz-
Contributor

Congrats... Im going to wait a few more months and then maybe apply with them... we'll see !
Message 3 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

I hope you got the $100 bonus points as well although I think I got $250

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shiftomnimega wrote:

Since Citi has been crappy about approving my application for Citi Forward and I still need an awards card for Dining I went to another site and searched for a good dining card.  Sony Card was number 2 on the list (number one sans AF).  Results:

I need a bigger wallet Smiley Happy

Credit Limit: $3,000.00 
 Purchase APR: 0% intro APR until December 2011; after that, 19.9% variable APR

Not thrilled about the low limit (I have an AMEX and Discover with this limit), but I'll take what I can get.  Now I have an all year round dining card.  

I wonder if PS3 games get 5X rewards Smiley Surprised

Wow! Didn't knoe Capone give out CL this big. Mine is still $300. Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

Mine was a $1,000

Message 6 of 13
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I hope you got the $100 bonus points as well although I think I got $250

The page I signed up from advertised 10k bonus points.  I notice that sony rewards site is advertising a 5k point bonus.  Ouch.  

Regarding the credit limit, at this point in my life I see $3k as pretty mediocre. Discover initially gave me $2500 last year and I was pretty annoyed with that.  At the 6 month mark they gave me an auto CLI to $3k which is okay, I guess.

When I get the card I'll let everyone know what kind of disclosure I get (with or sans credit score).

Message 7 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

I actually got 20k ponts when they first offered it for those that still want the 10k try

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=omp10kdec&campaigncode=NI28AWJU

Message 8 of 13
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Just in case anyone is wondering I received a Credit Score Disclosure and it was Experian which is useful.

After seeing the score they based my rate on, I'm a little surprised that my application was accepted, heh.  Now I'm a little curious what my actual EX report looks like.  

I didn't receive the actual credit card, yet.  So I would guess that sending you your disclosure is the very first thing they do in the whole process.  

Message 9 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

I had pretty high util when I got  accepted so I don't really think you have to be have a really high score

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.