tag
WindBlazer3
Established Member

Approved for Tiffany & Co.

I'm 22, and my account history is 2 years old. My cards were:

Cap One:  $0 / 1000

Chase Freedom (Recently converted from slate): $0/1500

Amex Green: ~$3,500 a month, $6,000 'spending limit'

When I applied for the Tiffany Card, I was hoping to get at least $10,000, but $5,000 was the most they'd give me due to the low limits on all of my other cards.  They pulled EQ.  I maxed out (and will immediately pay off) my CapOne and Chase cards, put $5k on the Tiffany, and threw the remaining ~$9k on the Amex.  I had to call AMEX in order for them to approve the expense, but that process took two minutes.

Now I just want to sit tight, pay these cards off and let my balances update to $0.....and then go for the AARP Credit Card.

If only I didn't have to worry about inquires or account age...*sigh*

FAKOS are 727 EX / 727 EQ / 740 TU (I have 9 inquires on my EX, 5 on my EQ and 2 on my TU...so TU is usually a little better)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Tiffany & Co.

Congrats! I got it a few months back Its a cool looking card. Also they dont report your credit limit its a charge account so it wont kill your util.

Message 2 of 5
WindBlazer3
Established Member

Thanks! Do you know if they report a high balance/current balance like AMEX?
Message 3 of 5
mross1080
Established Contributor

Yes, they report you current balance each month.

Message 4 of 5
mross1080
Established Contributor

Also I dont know if they did it to you youd have to wait till you get your card but when I was approved they gave me my limit and I charged the max. when the card came my limit was exactly half. Then when I got my bill it had credit limited listed and it was half of what I had charged and actually showed where avail credit was a negative amount. I called them and they told me you can actually card up to double your limit depending on the situation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.