cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for True Earnings & can I still apply for one of the other amex charge cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for True Earnings & can I still apply for one of the other amex charge cards?

I was approved for the costco TE card a week ago, that I didn't intend to apply but ended up with when I renewed my membership with costco. I thought of re-building my relationship with amex when my account with them was cancelled 8yrs ago due to my ignorance as an undergrad student.

I've been planning and thinking of applying with one of the charge cards after learning all my lessons and improved my credit and wait until I'm given the chance. To my surpise I was approved with the costco TE card, so I wanted to know what will be my chances of getting approved with a charge card? 

Should I apply or is there such thing as the basic charge card that I should start with and work my way up to the higher end charge card? I particularly would like to apply for the gold /gold rewards mainly to redeem air points, since I go on random trips (platinum would be nice too, too ambitious, eh? I know I will have to work harder and longer to get it ;o). I am fortunate to have an income and so I don't mind the AF and from reading other posts, it seems that all the benefits will make the AF worth it. 

Lastly, how long should I wait to apply for another amex card? 
If I knew that one can apply with 1 or more card within a 1-2 days period I would have done it so that way the inquiries wouldn't hurt my score(as I have read in some other posts too)

at the moment:
opening the TE card (is my only recent inquiry) $2500 limit, still waiting for to the card
a platinum hsbc mc, $0 balance, $2500 limit
macys, $0 balance, who knows the limit now(had it since '04)
2 car auto loans
no mortgage, i do rent
my debit mc that i use 24/7
3 student loans that are deferred since I'm back at school
TU/EQ/EX are in the low 700s 

TIA sooo much!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for True Earnings & can I still apply for one of the other amex charge cards?

Do you mind sharing why do you want a charge card when you already got an Amex? The best plan (if you can have self control) will be to use your TE card and treat it like a charge card (pay off every month).

My only concern is AF (all amex charge cards have a AF)

Regarding approval, if you qualified for a amex TE, you probably are qualified for most of their charge cards.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.