Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Walmart Discover

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

@android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

Same here. I want to open one, but I don't want to use this card because of crappy rewards.

Message 21 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

Same here. I want to open one, but I don't want to use this card because of crappy rewards.

Charge something small on it and pay it off each month. If it's teh discover WM, you can use it anywhere Discover is accepted anyway. Keep the history alive.

Message 22 of 29
android01
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I'm actually having buyers remorse with this one.  Applying for credit that I don't need just to get a free FICO score is pretty lame.  Smiley Mad

Once you digest the fact that you won't have to buy your TU FICO (although it's TU98) for $20, you will appreciate the card Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reminder, and that really adds up since I pull my scores once a month! Smiley Surprised

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 23 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, and that really adds up since I pull my scores once a month! Smiley Surprised

Although a lot of creditors use Tu98 more than the TU98, in a year or 2 more will move towards the new scoring models. It's only a matter of time that TU98 becomes a FAKO.

I buy my TU98 monthly also. But now since I will be getting my TU08 I will reduce my purchases to 3 a year.

Message 24 of 29
android01
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Although a lot of creditors use Tu98 more than the TU98, in a year or 2 more will move towards the new scoring models. It's only a matter of time that TU98 becomes a FAKO.

I buy my TU98 monthly also. But now since I will be getting my TU08 I will reduce my purchases to 3 a year.

TU98 is already a FAKO, and I don't understand why MyFico doesn't update.  It seems that most TU pullers are using TU04.  It's a matter of a couple more years before lenders regularly use TU08, I think.  Change is difficult, even if it's for the better. Smiley Happy  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 25 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

TU98 is already a FAKO, and I don't understand why MyFico doesn't update.  It seems that most TU pullers are using TU04.  It's a matter of a couple more years before lenders regularly use TU08, I think.  Change is difficult, even if it's for the better. Smiley Happy  

And you know once TU08 becomes more prominent, a new TU12 will be developped Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29
android01
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

And you know once TU08 becomes more prominent, a new TU12 will be developped Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy  Such a game this all is.....

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 27 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

Sometimes I believe its made for a reason to keep the customers one step behind Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

Sometimes I believe its made for a reason to keep the customers one step behind Smiley Happy

I respect your opinion but disagree.

The only thing that's ever held me back is my own mistakes and unwillingness to learn what credit really means. There is no system responsible for my actions. I assume all the blame.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.