Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a Discover More Card!

tag
nbknxf2
Established Member

Approved for a Discover More Card!

I've been out of the credit game for quite sometime.  I actually wrote off credit cards and went with cash for everything after making some huge mistakes in the past.

Well after about 7 years, I decided to learn as much as I could about the cc game from here.  The only credit transactions in the past seven years has been our mortgage and one car loan.  Well the car loan is paid off and we had the mortgage remaining.

In Sept. 2011, I decided (after much study from the forums here) to get back in the game.  Here where we are:

Applied for a US Airways Dividend Miles MC from Barclays on 9/30/2011 and was instantly approved for $4,400.  (pulled TU)

Applied for a RBC Platinum Visa on 10/15/2011 and was approved for $7,500 (pulled, EQ, I would consider this a prime card but someone might disagree.  This is our primary bank and we have an existing relationship)

Applied for a Discover More on 11/08/2011 and received the 5-7 days message.  (pull EQ.  Don't know if they pulled anything else yet)  I received a call today to confirm the application.  I wasn't asked any additional questions and was approved for $1,000.  I also wasn't offered the original terms and I didn't try to push on the credit limit because I just wanted to get another prime card.  Success!  We have a visa, mastercard, and discover.  I'm not really interested in an AMEX.  So, I think we are set.  Time to garden.

This board is awesome and I appreciate all the great information!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for a Discover More Card!

Congrats!! I love my discover card besides the low $300 cap.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 2 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@nbknxf2 wrote:

Now I'm going to share my experiences at Mod Cut  New site but looks promising.

Probably looks promising because its your site well atleast according to the whois information the email address there and your user name here

Message 3 of 8
nbknxf2
Established Member

Yes, it is my idea and my opinion hasn't changed....

Message 4 of 8
nbknxf2
Established Member

Is that a student card with a $300 limit?

Message 5 of 8
nbknxf2
Established Member

My apologies to the board.  Having seen other online resources mentioned, I didn't think I violated any rules.  Apparently, I have.

I've modified my comment.

Again, my apologies.

Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@nbknxf2 wrote:

My apologies to the board.  Having seen other online resources mentioned, I didn't think I violated any rules.  Apparently, I have.

I've modified my comment.

Again, my apologies.

It's fine to post some links IF they follow the guidelines clearly posted on the forum's front page. The problem with what you posted (as I stated in my message you edited out) is that the site you linked to also contains additional links to credit repair sites and therefore not allowed.

If you'll review the forum's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines you can determine what is permitted and what is not allowed.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Message 7 of 8
nbknxf2
Established Member

No problem, I understand.  I don't want to offend anyone or cause any problems.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.