cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a GEMB/Chevron! New to Form!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for a GEMB/Chevron! New to Form!

Is this a good gas card to have? My credit limit is $500.00 to start with. I only have 3 other credit cards. BofA Cash award/ 1500 Limit/ Barclay Choiceprivileges Visa  450 Lmit and Exxon Mobil Citi 600 lmit.

My Fico score TU 666/ EQ 657/ EX602

My Goal is to get to 750 by 2014 Could i reach that goal  by paying my bill on time and not applying for andy CC until 2015?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for a GEMB/Chevron! New to Form!

Not sure what the promo is right now but unless you get the Visa version of the card which I believe gives you 10 cents off a gallon not much purpose otherwise.

But you get 1 GE card and that will open you to so many other GE cards... once they like you, they usually will keep giving.

be sure to click for credit line increase every 4 months, it grows very slowly!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding! Now my card should arrive any day now. So by me having 1 GE card now they will be sending me cc offers in the mail with about 1year time?

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you probably won't receive pre-approvals from them... but usually if your approved for 1, you can get many more if you want... last week a post showed someone getting I think 4 out of 5 GE backed cards they applied for... some places give higher limits over others and bigger CLI...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Why pay 26.99% interest on already ridiculously expensive gas?

You'll get $0.10 off a gallon for 60 days. No real benefits after that. You will save way more money with a cash rewards credit card.

Also your card will be useless once the earth runs out of fossil fuel Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

No one needs to pay interest on gasoline.  Just use it and pay it off every month.  I did that and my card grew from a 300 CL to 1200.  They just bump it up a few hundred every four months or so; some of the increases I asked for and some were just given while I was not paying attention.

It's a great card to have for credit-building.