Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for discover!

tag
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Approved for discover!

I told myself I would wait til next year to app for anything but I was alittle tipsy last night and figure why not LOL. Not instant, said they were processing and I called a few hours ago. They had me verify addy, income, and some questions regarding my CRs.

It was a discover more card, 1000 CL. Just real glad and feel blessed that I got in with Amex and discover in 1 year. Less than a 2 years ago I had low 500 scores ad no credit cards until last year.

Don't be discouraged people, just stay on track, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for discover!

Congrats!

The discover family is growing.
Message 2 of 12
John060675
Valued Contributor

Congratulations.  I am waiting until I crack the 660 FICO scores to apply for Discover to complete my quartet (Visa, MC, AMEX, and Discover). 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

When do people typically ask for a CL with discover? Or do they at all?

Message 4 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! There have been a lot of these types of approvals reported on this forum lately. My DH was approved last week, for the same CL and with similar scores. It's great to see so many folks moving forward in a positive direction with their credit!

So I guess this puts me in the Discover family as an in-law! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 12
msgudcred1979
Valued Member

Congrats! I was in your shoes and before you know it, you will be in the 700 club.

Message 6 of 12
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I was approved for the same credit line and simlar (a little higher) scores a few weeks ago.  It was the card I'd always wanted!  A few years ago, I was in the low 500's, because of some lates and high balances.  Now I'm down to 4 30's that are 3 years old, and under 20% utilization and scores tipping 700.  It's time to sit back and watch it grow!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Ive been getting everyone I know to apply using my $50/$50 referral link... Im seriously addicted! lol

Message 8 of 12
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:
I told myself I would wait til next year to app for anything but I was alittle tipsy last night and figure why not LOL. Not instant, said they were processing and I called a few hours ago. They had me verify addy, income, and some questions regarding my CRs.

It was a discover more card, 1000 CL. Just real glad and feel blessed that I got in with Amex and discover in 1 year. Less than a 2 years ago I had low 500 scores ad no credit cards until last year.

Don't be discouraged people, just stay on track, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Congratulations!  They appoved me last week - I sat breathless for a long, long time, before I realized it was real -  Doesn't if feel great to be getting a much better class of credit cards?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 9 of 12
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Yeah it's awesome, if you would've asked me a year or two ago if I would have a amex and discover i would've LOL'd.  Yeah it feels good, time to garden, and I wont believe it until it's in my hands Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.