cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for my final credit card today - time to garden!

tag
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Approved for my final credit card today - time to garden!

On Sunday I applies for a Citi Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard and was advised today I was approved with a $4,300 credit limit. This is technically my highest limit as far as CRA's are aware of. This joins my

Discover Card - Opened 5/08 - Credit Limit 3,000

CU Visa - Opened 6/10 - Credit Limit 3,000 (Reports to only Experian)

BoA Visa Signature - Opened 10/10 - Limit 10,000 (High Balance of 4.000 - No Pre-Set Limit Card)

Premier Rewards AmEx - Opened 10/10 - No Pre-Set Limit

I wanted to apply for a MasterCard a few months back but had quite a few inquiries from October 2010 to try to build a foundation of credit so I decided to wait. I was also looking for a non World MC as I wanted a hard credit limit to report. I am glad I now have a card for each payment network. Since I run most of my charges through my AmEx, there is no need for another card so I can sit back and garden and let these accounts age with me so I am definitely psyched about that. Let the inquiries start to drop.

For anyone who is curious:

FICO: TU 717

FICO: EQ 731

FAKO: EX 728

I checked CreditKarma after I applied as I was curious which report was pulled and CreditKarma (which uses TU) still only had 1 inquiry from 10/10 so they either pulled from EQ or EX.

EX had no inquiries

EQ had 6 from 08/10 - 10/10 (nothing since & three that were older than a year)

Oldest Account is 2006

AAoA is 1 Year

No Baddies

Always PIF

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for my final credit card today - time to garden!

Congrats on the approval, thats a nice list of cards, top notch.. none of that hsbc or cap1 nonsense i have! lol

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! You have a really nice portfolio. Now that you're ready to sit back and let them age, welcome to the Garden Club! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 4
MagicShot
Contributor

Looks like a nice start with nice CL's Look like were both joining the same club. We just need to keep the weeds out of the garden! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.