Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

Just wanted to know if this is usual.  Applied for a CAP 1 and was approved.  Processed on line did not tell CL.  However, my score jumped 16 points then decreased by 3 points is this usual?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

You know, I tried to answer this but can't. So I'm bumping it for you.

Cory

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

Daffydatsun wrote:

Just wanted to know if this is usual.  Applied for a CAP 1 and was approved.  Processed on line did not tell CL.  However, my score jumped 16 points then decreased by 3 points is this usual?

Almost everyone has some background movement on their score reports. There was probably something else causing the score movement.

You can print out the two score reports, lay them side by side, and compare them.

If you only had a couple of credit cards before, you might have gotten a score jump as a result of adding another revolving tradeline.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.