Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for "Chevron and Texaco Personal Credit Card"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for "Chevron and Texaco Personal Credit Card"

My work commute is 30 miles, so I spend a lot of money on gas (almost all of it at my Chevron). After seeing the 10 cent per gallon fuel rewards offer I decided to pull the trigger.

"You have been approved for a Chevron and Texaco Personal Credit Card. You will receive your new card in 7 - 10 days."

I applied for the Visa card but got approved for the "Personal Credit Card". So the system decided that I didn't qualify for a Visa but I did qualify for the store card. Online approval was instant, just clicked the submit button and got that message. No word on the limit yet.

I was hoping to get the Visa but I guess I still don't qualify for an unsecured bank card. I've got a few baddies and late payments on my report from about six years ago. No recent baddies, no bankruptcy. Current credit score is 647 EQ.

Even if it is just a gas card I am quite happy to be approved. This will be the first unsecured credit card in 8 years!

Anyone have and opinions or experiences with this card that they want to share? Does the store card report to the CRAs?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sonson
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for "Chevron and Texaco Personal Credit Card"

congrats on the new line of credit!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Did they pull Equifax?

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 6
haiti222
Contributor

Yes it reports. In some parts of the country (e.g. Florida) you get the cash price for using the store card.....

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't recieved a note from Score Watch yet, so they probably didn't inq EQ. But not much time has passed yet so I can't say for sure. I don't have any TU monitoring.

I'll post an update here if/when I figure out what CRA they hit.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the number:

Credit Limit: $350

Update:

Looks like it hit Trans Union with the inquiry.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.