Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved or Declined

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Approved or Declined

This might be a stupid question, but is there a website that you can entered your infomation and see your chances of getting approved. I heard that creditcards.com has something like that but not reliable. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Approved or Declined

You can do some research on whogavemecredit.com that could help give you an idea

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

This might be a stupid question, but is there a website that you can entered your infomation and see your chances of getting approved. I heard that creditcards.com has something like that but not reliable. 

Try a Google search of "credit pulls database" and check the site of which we may not speak...

Message 3 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Try a Google search of "credit pulls database" and check the site of which we may not speak...

Thanks, this website seems a lot more organized than whogavemecredit

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 4 of 16
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Credit Karma might be your best bet. It's free, does a soft pull on your TU, and uses historical data from other users to match your chances of getting approved for each card. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 5 of 16
eviLution
Established Contributor

creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@eviLution wrote:
creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Thats true, they tell me to apply for cards that I already have.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 8 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CredittotheMax wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

The best is when they say chances of approval are poor for cards you already have AND received instant approval. 

Message 9 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

The best is when they say chances of approval are poor for cards you already have AND received instant approval. 

+!

Yep I have experienced the exact same thing with CK.  You cannot take anything that is on the website seriously except for the data (accounts) contained on your credit report, and from what I've seen even that could be suspect sometimes.  So CK is strictly a monitoring tool for the items that appear on your credit report.  You cannot use it for the score and certainly not to make any decisions on who you should apply for credit with.  It was suggested to google the creditpulls database.  That is the only tool that I have used to get ALL of my credit in my siggy and so far my only decline has been from Amex.  I should have known not to apply....I got caught up in a drapping episode that began and ended with Amex Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.