cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

Hello all!! I was approved for this credit card a week ago and found out that CL is $1800 which is great for me as I am in the process of rebuilding my credit.  Then I was approved for a cap one with a CL  $500. I tried for Target and got a $200 CL. Is this store harder to get credit with?? I just thought that since these were high CL that this was really low. Can someone explain so I understand why?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!! I was approved for this credit card a week ago and found out that CL is $1800 which is great for me as I am in the process of rebuilding my credit.  Then I was approved for a cap one with a CL  $500. I tried for Target and got a $200 CL. Is this store harder to get credit with?? I just thought that since these were high CL that this was really low. Can someone explain so I understand why?

WOW, GE likes you... you might get credit steps with cap1, target you might never see an increase.

try for other GE cards, Walmart discover, Sams Discover, the list is endless.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the quick response! I was shocked when I had seen this! I didn't intend to apply or even think I would be approved especially at THAT CL!! When I was at the register to check out I applied and the slip showed $1000-then I pulled my credit the other day and it was showing a high limit of $1800 so of course I called and questioned that! I thougth they were palying a joke with me! I did apply for a discover but fell flat on my face so I got  discouraged but happy with what I DO HAVE Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the quick response! I was shocked when I had seen this! I didn't intend to apply or even think I would be approved especially at THAT CL!! When I was at the register to check out I applied and the slip showed $1000-then I pulled my credit the other day and it was showing a high limit of $1800 so of course I called and questioned that! I thougth they were palying a joke with me! I did apply for a discover but fell flat on my face so I got  discouraged but happy with what I DO HAVE Smiley Happy

Not Discover.com, GE issues a Discover card for Walmart and Sams

yes when you shop in store and apply for credit, they give you an immediate line and then when the card comes in the mail it will show what CL you actually got.

Message 4 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Target virtually starts everyone at $200....and keeps most of us there too. There are folks on here with 800 FICOs w/ CLs in the tens of thousands and they're stuck at $200. I got mine 3 yrs ago and hell will freeze over before they grant a CLI. A rare few do get a CLI at some point to $500 CL. Even rarer still, up to $1000, but I've not seen CLs higher than that on the store card.

CapOne is stingy.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about applying as it would help to have a Walmart CC but got scared and didn't do it...I'm new at this whole credit thingy so I am learning as i go. Pretty sad because I am in my mid or kinda late 30's and barely getting my credit stuff together.

Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

have you pulled at least one of your reports here at myfico?

what other credit do you have besides these 3 new ones?

Message 7 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought about applying as it would help to have a Walmart CC but got scared and didn't do it...I'm new at this whole credit thingy so I am learning as i go. Pretty sad because I am in my mid or kinda late 30's and barely getting my credit stuff together.

I'm almost 60 and many days I am still lost where credit is concerned.

Keep learning and by the time you're my age you'll be doing well I predict.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the support. sometimes I feel like I am the only one in the world who's clueless...

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I havent pulled anything on here before and honestly dont know where to go to do that??? I do have a lease from Honda that we've paid faithfully on time plus prior to that I bought a car in my name only and we just bought a home-YAY!! I do have a JC Penny card with a $700 CL. Only have a balance of $146 of which I'll be paying it down by half. Can you tell me what advice you have as to jumping this score up somehow??? I do have pulls on my report I know- but I had to start somewhere. I felt awful for applying knowing that the pulls are bad  but felt like I'll never get a chance if I don't ask right???

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.