Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved?????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved?????????

Hi guys - I've been going crazy trying to figure out Chase!! On 6/24, I applied for the Freedom Platinum. Got the 7-10 day message. About a week later, got a letter from the Fraud Dept to contact them to make sure it was me who applied. I called and had to answer multiple questions that no one else would know. I was told 7-10 days again. Received another letter duplicating the first one a week later. Called and was told to disregard and that another letter was on its way asking me to send a copy of my DL to show address and DOB. I faxed this in 8 days ago. Called Monday and rep said she would expedite and call me in 24-48 hours. She called this AM, confirmed they had everything needed and my app was being processed and I'd receive word within 2 weeks. Just to see, I called the status number after and now it's changed from the 7-10 day message to "we received your app on 6/24 and you will received information within 2 weeks". Has ANYONE gone through this?? If so, what was your outcome? I've read on different forums that the message of 7-10 is either denial or them sending you letter for more info and that the 2 weeks message is approval. Any thoughts? I cannot imagine being denied after all this. I don't make a ton of money, but I do have a 729 rating, have 1 major card with a $10K limit and a few small store cards. Thanks in advance - this being in limbo is driving me crazy!!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
39Xelor
Established Member

Re: Approved?????????

Most likely approved, if they were going to decline you they wouldnt waste time verifying who you are, which isnt uncommon. Try calling the backdoor number and speaking to a CA

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 2 of 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I had a similar situation with Capitol One. The fact that they're going through all this trouble to get information from you means you're going to be approved. In my case, I simply got a call and was given a fax number to send my SSN and drivers license. They still didn't tell me I was approved yet, but the CSR told me everything looks good. About a week later, i received mail that I was approved. Weirdly enough, the mail arrived without the card. The card then arrived another week later.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I also wouldn't advise you to call anyone. They'll most likely tell you the same thing you heard before. Just let them work and you'll see results.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 4 of 9
39Xelor
Established Member

@Membersince2013 wrote:
I also wouldn't advise you to call anyone. They'll most likely tell you the same thing you heard before. Just let them work and you'll see results.

Calling cant hurt at all.. I would try a CA.. they can see mostly everything.. the people you've been speaking to are basically "reps" and have no pull.. get a CA on the line and see whats up! Smiley Happy

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 5 of 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Calling cant hurt at all.. I would try a CA.. they can see mostly everything.. the people you've been speaking to are basically "reps" and have no pull.. get a CA on the line and see whats up! Smiley Happy

I guess it can't be that bad to call in then. I figured they'll just give the same answer or worse.

Message 6 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Yes you are approved. If they were going to deny, they would have done it already. Like Barclay's did to me last night! LOL

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays did the same to you?? Thank you ALL for the reassurance - I decided from the beginning I'd be patient and ride it out without calling the back door number unless I was declined. My feelings were if they were bothering to verify all these things, what would be the point of a denial.... And after the rep called me, the status message changed from the 7-10 to 2 weeks....my fingers are crossed!!
Message 8 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

i was such a risk barclay called my work number to ask all the verification questions. approved on phone at that time. I would say "you got it" but will wait to give you the official congrats. ;]

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.