April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

@dodgerslv wrote:

@enharu wrote:

best of luck!

thanks buddy! have you heard any news on the US Bank application?

I just found out today I got approved Smiley Very Happy

I hope everything turns out well with your Wells Fargo App. Sounds like they declined you due to a misunderstanding. How much util do you have on the secured card currently? If it is high, you could try to explain you'll be paying it off soon. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval buddy!!! what did they start you out with? (sorry, just logged in and havent read current threads). I charged 2500 on the card a couple of weeks ago and just paid 600 right of the bat so at about 1900 balance...i have a pending payment of 1700 that will be from BofA (balance transfer) that will probably post my monday or tuesday. I dont think that should be an issue right?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Nevermind...just looked at your siggy!!! WOW!!! nice job my friend! happy for you! i guess US bank is generous when it comes to limits!

Message 23 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

yea i was very surprised at the limit too. i thought they'd just match my other limits or offer a little higher, so I was very surprised.

what are the utilization on your other cards like? since the payment is still pending, they'll most likely just look at your current balance or whatever is on your CR. You probably will need to call them and tell them about this just so they wont miss it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

yea i was very surprised at the limit too. i thought they'd just match my other limits or offer a little higher, so I was very surprised.

what are the utilization on your other cards like? since the payment is still pending, they'll most likely just look at your current balance or whatever is on your CR. You probably will need to call them and tell them about this just so they wont miss it.

they pulled EQ and SP on EX...EQ 10% and EX at 9%. I will just call them up monday and see what i can find out. I almost apped for US Bank instead of Citi but when i found out they are kind of strict and dont like collections at all so i passed on them. I may try them next year.

Message 25 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@enharu wrote:

best of luck!

thanks buddy! have you heard any news on the US Bank application?

I just found out today I got approved Smiley Very Happy

I hope everything turns out well with your Wells Fargo App. Sounds like they declined you due to a misunderstanding. How much util do you have on the secured card currently? If it is high, you could try to explain you'll be paying it off soon. 

Congratulations!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 26 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

i think you are fine then since your util is really low on your reports.

I don't think US Bank is strict at all, or at least as strict I was expecting them to be. I was just applying for the Cash+ for the fun of it with zero expectations of getting approved since I have 10 inquiries on my EX. Somehow I still got approved. 

Message 27 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

well, my application for the unsecured WF was approved. 3000 limit. Not bad considering thats around where my other limits are at the moment. At least i am getting my 3500 dollars back. Now i am just left with my BofA secured card that will hit the 1 year mark the first week of May..hopefully they give me some love!

Message 28 of 40
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

WOW!!! congrats!!! which card did you apply for?? Platinum, Rewards, Cash Back?? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 29 of 40
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Well at lest It was worth stepping out of the garden.  Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.