Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

WOW!!! congrats!!! which card did you apply for?? Platinum, Rewards, Cash Back?? 

thanks alot Bears! its the cash back card and i am satisfied with the limit cuz i was expecting something around there. I am surprised that BofA approved my CLI from 2000 to 4000 after having the card for less than a month (HP of TU but only had 3 at the moment and last one was from them). So im all set until 4 months when i request 3x CLI on my BCP (wanna wait 4 months to let my new accounts and inquiries age just a bit, may even wait 6 months). This past month i have gotten BoA Better Balance, AMEX Green and BCP (backdated to 2011), Citi and now WF. Will try and call WF credit solutions and see if they backdate my card to my secured card and remove the inquiry. No matter that outcome i am all set with credit cards until the end of this year at least.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 31 of 40
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

You are definitely set! Congrats on your success! You must feel accomplished!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 32 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!!!!

you can get them to remove the inquiry, and close out the secured account now xD

you can also ask for CLI (SP) every 60 days. Automated CLIs are pretty often with Wells Fargo as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 33 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

grats!!!!

you can get them to remove the inquiry, and close out the secured account now xD

you can also ask for CLI (SP) every 60 days. Automated CLIs are pretty often with Wells Fargo as well.

this process was weird enharu, the CSR that i had spoken to the day they told me i had been declined and that she would resubmit the app to a UW, she asked me before if i would agree for them to close my secured card if i got approved. I logged in earlier today and noticed that my account had a CL of zero. I clicked on the account and it said it was closed. So then i call the status application line and told me i had been approved for the unsecured card. Just weird that for some reason they had to close the secured account once opening a unsecured one.

Message 34 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

I have no idea why either Smiley Tongue

I guess they processed the return for your deposit so they closed the account as well.

Did you ask them to send out the new card to you via express?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 35 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 36 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I have no idea why either Smiley Tongue

I guess they processed the return for your deposit so they closed the account as well.

Did you ask them to send out the new card to you via express?

well i didnt get a chance to actually call a person but i also remember that the closing date on the secured account was 06/05/2013....have no idea why that date is posted on such account if its closed already unless its a typo. I havent seen the deposit back to my account yet (im sure its becasue of weeked). I still have a balance and will be paying it off before the statement usually closed (the 9th). I honestly feel like they really didnt want me to have 2 credit cards with them. I kinda starting to regret wasting an inquiry for this card. Just should have closed the secured card and applied later down the road.

Message 37 of 40
Vanessakort

Impatiently waiting for my statement to close to see if they upgraded me. CS was not helpful 3 times i called this month. They did offer me to apply for a new one. No thanks
Message 38 of 40
brindle26
Regular Contributor

My statement cuts on the 8th. Hoping on May 8th I'll see another account listed.

Message 39 of 40
HiLine
Blogger

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.