Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Best Buy Store Card CLI still soft?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are Best Buy Store Card CLI still soft?

A few months ago I mashed the love button and got an increase to $3200.  However, I haven't always had to wait a full 6 months.  I think the latest one I waited maybe 5?  Anyway, I thought I might press my luck and hit it again here a few months later and before clicking continue it asks for my annual income.  Is this because they've changed their CLI procedures?  Could it be a hard inquiry now?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Are Best Buy Store Card CLI still soft?

is this the HSBC card or the other card?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The HSBC store card.  Not the mastercard.

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

fwiw, mine were always soft. But you never know --things change.

My guess is that if you've treated them right, and it's time to request a CLI, go for it. If you've had problems with them, or if it's not time yet, hunker down and wait it out.

There are few things in credit land that can't wait another month or two.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're on very good terms with one another, I feel.  I went and and tried and got the denial response.  No biggie, the letter will just say you have not waited 6 months blah blah blah.

Message 5 of 7
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I also got the denial on line. Then called and got a instant approval over the phone for the cli.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@ngerasimatos wrote:

is this the HSBC card or the other card?

Both the Store card and the mastercard are done by HSBC....some of the Store cards go through chase now.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.