cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Chase Card Services the nicest people ever?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Are Chase Card Services the nicest people ever?

I've had a few excellent cards in my day but I don't remember the customer service for any of them being better than my current experience with Chase.They are so helpfull and tend to go out of their way to provide service to me.I love that when I call I always speak to a representative in America!!!! My sister has had her Amazon Card for only two months and she called Chase for a credit increase and they happily doubled her limit, and a few days later approved her for a BP Visa. I enjoyed my service with previous bank cards but Chase seems to really care about their customer's needs at a different level.  

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Are Chase Card Services the nicest people ever?

Chase isn't usually great about CLI especially after 2 months? what was her limit at?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 11
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

WRe: Are Chase Card Services the nicest people ever?

What was her starting limit?

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 11
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Chase isn't usually great about CLI especially after 2 months? what was her limit at?

I got an auto-CLI from them after 3 months. I've had nothing but good experiences with Chase.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Her limit wasn't very large.Started her at $1500 and now doubled.And she has two old collections on her report because of a debt created by her husband. Think I'm going to wait till march then I want to go after an increase.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 5 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

They might be more so now Smiley LOL

Obviously the OP was not a Chase Card holder a few years back and also needed to speak with them at that time.  I'm sure there are people here that would have an entirely different opinion LOL  There was a time many card holders would have said "Chase stands for king of Balance Chasing".

I'm actually not shocked at a CLI with Chase for a card with a sub 5k limit, a bit more surprised there was no HP for the CLI.

Generally though, for other issues when one calls in, their CSR's are usually very personable yes.

Maybe they're improving because they've noticed Discover is eating their lunch!  Smiley LOL

Frankly however, I will admit, lately they're a bit better than AMEX amazingly enough (lately being the key word here).   Discover however is really setting a new bar for all of them from what I've experienced lately.  And I really never would have thought in that past that I'd say that, ever.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 11
Errin1
Contributor

I LOATHE CHASE BANK!  I cannot say enough bad things about them!  Balance chasing was the least of my issues with those lying bastards!  They bought out my former bank (I was Dime, which became WAMU) and started to treat me like crap. I closed my checking, savings, transferred my cds and closed one of my 2 CC with them. I am now safely planted at NavyFed and I LOVE IT!

The jerks finally sent me an email on Friday saying how concerned they are about us Sandy victims  Smiley Mad and they offered me a credit increase and lowered my APR 3 whole points....oh wow....what a treat, especially since they doubled my APR a few years ago FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!   Burn In Hell Chase!

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Errin1 wrote:

I LOATHE CHASE BANK!  I cannot say enough bad things about them!  Balance chasing was the least of my issues with those lying bastards!  They bought out my former bank (I was Dime, which became WAMU) and started to treat me like crap. I closed my checking, savings, transferred my cds and closed one of my 2 CC with them. I am now safely planted at NavyFed and I LOVE IT!

The jerks finally sent me an email on Friday saying how concerned they are about us Sandy victims  Smiley Mad and they offered me a credit increase and lowered my APR 3 whole points....oh wow....what a treat, especially since they doubled my APR a few years ago FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!   Burn In Hell Chase!

No........because they hate me..........wont give me a card for nothing......Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
swpopham
Established Contributor

I called in for an increase on my select card and they happily trippled the limit but I took 3 hard pulls and a soft eq pull every day since then. I love chase and will support them until they clip my wings.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 9 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

My favorite is definitely Discover right now!  They are BY FAR the best to deal with!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.