Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are These Solid Chase Offers?

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Are These Solid Chase Offers?

I've been looking at my Chase account exclusively on my Android. Now that I have my MacBook and iPad back, I've been able to see that Chase has extended me three card offers. They offer high APRs, but not a spread. The three cards are: 

CF - 24.99%

CSP - 24.24%

Slate (not interested) - 24.99%

I don't intend to cold app or call for any of these until I have my 23% CU down to 1-2% and have paid off my CFU balance (c. $2000). Also, 4 of my 6 HPs on Experian don't get past the one year mark until mid-May. That's the earliest that I think I might pull the trigger. I want to know if these are solid offers with good chances of acceptance. I'm not really hip to telling the difference between the different types of offers.  I don't even know what the "love button" is (although I know ONE definition of it). 

EX - 754   (6HP)

TU - 681   (1HP)

EQ - 727   (1HP)  Both TU and EQ Inquiries are more than a year old. 

12/15     CO Platinum (secured) 299SL to 599 (CO refuses to graduate it)

12/16     CO Platinum (unsecured) 500SL to 750 to 1,750.   (12/17) PCed to Quicksilver 2/18

12/17     CFU 1,000SL to 6,000 (CFI 2 days later)

2/18     DiscoverIT 6,000SL  (Not yet reported; just got first statement)

Current CU - 23%, but will sink like a stone once Disc reports and I pay down CFU.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are These Solid Chase Offers?

Looks solid to me (green check marks). 

I know you stated you were not going to app, but just in case you decide to, be mindful of Chase 5/24 rule. Based on your post, you’re at 4/24. 

Message 2 of 9
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Thanks JAG73. I think I'm only at 3/24, because you'll notice that the first CO Platinum is from 12/15. I want to keep the last two spots open for two Chase cards. I'm thinking they'll almost certainly be Freedom and CSP. I should look for green check marks on my offers? 

Yup, just looked now. All have green checks on them. I'm still not going to jump the gun until my CU is down and 4 of my 6 HPs age past one year in mid-May. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youre correct! I was counting the 2018 (from PC’d card). Guess it’s time to put on my glasses 🤓

Edit: you saw the green check marks 👍🏾

Message 4 of 9
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

5/24 doesn't apply to green checkmark offer. That and an in-branch offer are the two known ways around it. If you have green checkmarks, it is a solid offer. Waiting for lower utilization may help with the SL, and CLI's are hard to come by with Chase, so you want the SL to be as high as you can manage.

Message 5 of 9
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Something you might want to consider when it is time - most often the SUB is $50 to $100 higher when you do it in branch. Example, CSP is 50K UR for $4K spend in 3 months app online, 60K UR for $4K spend app in-branch.

Message 6 of 9
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Thanks JAG73. I think I'm only at 3/24, because you'll notice that the first CO Platinum is from 12/15. I want to keep the last two spots open for two Chase cards. I'm thinking they'll almost certainly be Freedom and CSP. I should look for green check marks on my offers? 

Yup, just looked now. All have green checks on them. I'm still not going to jump the gun until my CU is down and 4 of my 6 HPs age past one year in mid-May. Keep in mind the CB May take up to a month to reflect that! 😁

Message 7 of 9
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Wow, Kilroy8!

You're really coming across with the great info. I work nextdoor to my Chase branch in Laguna Beach, so, when I'm ready, I'll just mosey on over to make my app. I'm glad to know that the green check marks save me spots in 5/24. Now, I just have to get everything cleaned up and my FICOs as high as possible and I'm ready to pull the trigger.

REALLY glad I posted about this!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep** - really? is that the standard in branch offer? wish i woulda known that, and that i would be declined for the amazon visa when i applied for the CSP and amazon prime visa a few minutes later both online on the same day in order to combine pulls with chase. i ultimately decided i didn't need the amazon visa and can handily work around it with cards i already have lol. oh well - maybe i can get chase to match the sign up offer

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.