Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are You Sure BOA?

tag
MAstudent07
Contributor

Are You Sure BOA?

After 3 of my baddies fell off my report this past month, I decided to try for a prime card. I had 3 cards in mind: Amex Clear, Discover More, and Bank of America Americard Basic Visa. Before beginning the first application I kept thinking that the time wasn't right because I still have some 90+ student loans on my report. Three to be exact! I choose to push my instincts aside and applied for all three. The results were as follows....

• Discover- denied (will get the letter with details soon)                                        TU: 678    EQ: 675  Current Scores
  • AMEX- denied (reason: 90+ on my credit report)
  • BOA- approved (5000k initial credit limit)

I will now begin my ADVENTURE with the BOA family. Smiley Indifferent

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: Are You Sure BOA?

Congrats!! I'm going to try for the Amex later in the year when some of my rebuilder cards have aged alittle more. I'm looking forward to the day I can get a prime card with a real limit...Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 2 of 10
woozy
Contributor

Was the BOA the first pull?
Message 3 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

what do you still have on your report, in terms of baddies?
Message 4 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

The order I applied: AMEX, Discover, and BOA. Hope it helps

Message 5 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

My report shows three student loans accounts that are 90+ days late. All three accounts are scheduled to drop in the latter part of this year and early next year. Hope this helps
Message 6 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

Gibran, I hope you find success when you apply. Everyone deserves a reward every now and then. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Bocklin
Valued Member

Call the recon dept at Discover. The number is in a stickied thread at the top of this forum. I'd put even money that they WILL approve you if you speak with a representative.
Starting Score: TU=505 EQ=535 02/05/2009
Current Score: TU=678 EQ=738 03/26/2010
Goal Score: TU=700 EQ=730
Message 8 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

Bocklin, I will admit that I did call the customer service number listed on their website. I called pretending I didn't know the status of my account, really hoping that speaking to a rep would somehow shift their initial decision. The rep was nice, but didn't budge. I asked her "based on my report did I perhaps choose the 'wrong' card to apply?" Response: "No, it's all same, the only thing different is the benefits of the cards."

Still think I should call?

Message 9 of 10
Bocklin
Valued Member

I was declined last week on Tues, I think... I called that number too, and they told me that I wasn't approved because of a collection on my acct that is 6.5 years old ($141 paid in 2006 before I knew better)

I called the recon dept on Thursday... my card came in the mail today.

Granted, I don't have a 5k credit line, but I do have the account. This works for me, for now.

Message Edited by Bocklin on 02-26-2010 09:48 PM
Starting Score: TU=505 EQ=535 02/05/2009
Current Score: TU=678 EQ=738 03/26/2010
Goal Score: TU=700 EQ=730
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.