cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all Cap1 cards considered Rebuilder?

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Are all Cap1 cards considered Rebuilder?

I was just instantly approved for $2000 CL for Cap1 Platinum Mastercard.

I've read that many rebuilding cards start with $500 then increase to $750 and rarely offer CLI after that. 

If I'm starting at $2000, can I expect any increases? 

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Are all Cap1 cards considered Rebuilder?

not all  CrapOne cards are rebuilders.  They have some pretty nice prime cards (Venture and Cash Rewards).  The Platinum Prestige is their prime version of the Platinum card.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 5
nyancat
Established Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

not all  CrapOne cards are rebuilders.  They have some pretty nice prime cards (Venture and Cash Rewards).  The Platinum Prestige is their prime version of the Platinum card.

You call them "CrapOne" yet admit the card is pretty nice. 1.5% cash back on everything, no f/x fee, and fantastic customer service. Dang, that sure sounds like crap to me /sarcasm.

The only thing I wish is that my Cash Rewards Visa Signature looked a bit nicer (physical look of the card plastic) and that it had an EMV chip.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 3 of 5
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@aurelie00 wrote:

I was just instantly approved for $2000 CL for Cap1 Platinum Mastercard.

I've read that many rebuilding cards start with $500 then increase to $750 and rarely offer CLI after that. 

If I'm starting at $2000, can I expect any increases? 

$500 that's it.

You will be put in creditstep program, look at your online document when you sign in to your acct. After a year, you can use EO like many others did here.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 5
bk510
Valued Contributor

all cap1 so called rebuilder cards max out at 3,000.

you should or will be receiving a credit step program document.

i have a cap1 platinum, under credit step and i started out wit 500 and after end of my 5th statement, cap1 bumped it up to 1500.

i was pumped.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.