cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all Citi 2x Cash World Mastercards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are all Citi 2x Cash World Mastercards?

Mine says world mastercard on it. Most world mastercards have specified credit limits. 

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

you don't have to have 5000 credit limit for world mastercard, my barclay arrival had initial credit line of 1500, but came as a world mastercard. I think it all depends on which bank issues it.

Message 12 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yfan, thanks for sharing that post. I guess all of the cards are printed on World MC stock regardless of whether or not you have NPSL and the World perks. That thread is actually quite amusing. I lol'ed two different times. 

I think you might be thinking of World Elite MC which is the NPSL "flexible spending" Mastercard similar to Visa "signature". World MC's are not NPSL.

edit (add) If the MC logo is "silver and metalic" it's an "Elite" if the logo is colored red & yellow its not.

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-mastercard.html

Actually, the NPSL feature varies by lender and product.  Unfortunately, your statement for NPSL is not correct.  The Citi Dividend WMC (not WEMC) that I had before being converted to WEMC, had a no pre-set limit feature.  From the CC agreement, here is the highlighted portion of the agreement:

Revolving Credit Limit. The full amount of your revolving
credit limit is available to use where the card is honored. Part
of your revolving credit limit is called the cash advance limit.
It is available for cash advances. We may reduce or increase
your revolving credit limit or cash advance limit at any time
we, us, and our mean Citibank, N.A., the issuer of your account.
for any reason as permitted by law. We will notify you of any
change, but the change may take effect before you receive
the notice. Your account does not have a pre-set spending
limit. As a result, we may permit you to incur charges that
cause your New Balance to go over your revolving credit
limit. We evaluate these charges based on your account
performance, other credit accounts with us, and experience
with other creditors. Your minimum payment due will include
the amount by which your New Balance goes over your
revolving credit limit. You must pay this amount whether it
is due to purchases, cash advances, interest charges, fees,
or other charges.

Message 13 of 29
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I PC'd to the Double Cash from Diamond and mine is not a World MC.  My CL is $5100.  

Message 14 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I stand corrected - thank you Citi for what you do.

In general, expect for Citi cards, based on the MC site, "Elite" are NPSL. Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

I stand corrected - thank you Citi for what you do.

In general, expect for Citi cards, based on the MC site, "Elite" are NPSL. Smiley Frustrated

I think even for Citi elite will be NPSL (most of the time).  The correction was to your statement that World MC aren't NPSL  While it varies by issuer, most appear to be, with some, but not all,  Citi cards being an exception.

Message 16 of 29
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

edit (add) If the MC logo is "silver and metalic" it's an "Elite" if the logo is colored red & yellow its not.

You can't rely on that assumption.  My CSP was a World and it had the silver metallic logo.  It was definitely not World Elite.

Message 17 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Pease disregard everything I said in this tread - my statements were based off my experiences and the information posted on the mastercard site - obviously due to Citi and other factors nothing is set in stone - I apologize for any disinformation I provided and beg the forgiveness of the forum.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Pease disregard everything I said in this tread - my statements were based off my experiences and the information posted on the mastercard site - obviously due to Citi and other factors nothing is set in stone - I apologize for any disinformation I provided and beg the forgiveness of the forum.

No apology needed pipeguy. I was clueless about all of the information posted in this thread so ALL contributors helped me to gain a better understanding. Besides, if we were all educated on the rules of credit, there would NOT be a need for this forum. Thank you for your posts!!

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

MC Clown logo + WORLD doesn't always mean Flexible spending. All depends on the issuer.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.