cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are big first purchases frowned upon?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Are big first purchases frowned upon?

Well, my only question is upgrading the furnace really a top priority as we head into the summer months? A first house usally has a bunch of stuff to upgrade.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s 20 years old and I really don’t want it to crap out next winter, it isn’t a must but I have it budgeted in for next few years.
Message 12 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That will soooo not be a problem. That’s not even that high of utilization. Congrats on the Disco and CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW HOME!!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 15
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Bam!Bam!

Congrats on everything! I second amortizing over 14 months, or whatever 1 month less than the zero term was.

Hope your A/C is in fine working order Smiley Wink

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm buying a house next year. After closing, I'm going to get a couple of zero interest credit cards for the sole purpose of doing home improvements. It's interest free financing for a year. The key is paying it all off by the time the introductory period is over. 

Once it's paid off, I may never even use the card again. LOL

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.