Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are cards ever approved on Sundays

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Are cards ever approved on Sundays

My brother applied for a BofA card and was given the 30 day message.  I know that's usualy doom and gloom (though in my experience I've only ever gotten the 7-10 day message.)  Anyway, I was wondering after talking to him if it simply happened because It was a Sunday.  I know most recon places are closed on Sundays, but not sure if that was relevant.  I konw nothing about BofA or the 30 day message so I can't provide much guidance, but was just curious about the weekend thing.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Are cards ever approved on Sundays

Yes, cc's are approved on Sundays, holidays after hours etc. the 30 day message can be a verification check or requires further processing. Have your DB call tomorrow if they are closed today.
Message 2 of 10
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thats a great question.... I've often pondered it myself as I have only ever been given the wretched 7-10day message on a Sunday. As a rule I won't app again on a Sunday, soley because waiting another day for recon or verifification can be quite painful. Good luck to DB!

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 3 of 10
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, cc's are approved on Sundays, holidays after hours etc. the 30 day message can be a verification check or requires further processing. Have you DB called tomorrow if they are closed today.

Gotcha...thanks for the info!

In your experience, is the 30-day message any different than the 7-10 message?  Or do different banks just do different things and the days are arbitrary.  I know when I got my first Chase and Citi card, I had to recon with both after getting the 7-10 message.

Message 4 of 10
blondy250
Established Contributor

Of course they are, it's just a credit check done by a computer. They don't get weekends off.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Because I have a FA on my CR's I always get a pending further review message. Tbh, they have varied from 7-10, 30 -think that was Chase, or just pending further review with a reference number.
Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@blondy250 wrote:
Of course they are, it's just a credit check done by a computer. They don't get weekends off.

+1

Exactly.  The "conveyor belt" of credit applications is a 24/7 process unless the system is unavailable due to system maintenance or you're dealing with a smaller community bank or certain CUs in which case the application is simply in queue for manual review on the next business day.

Message 7 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

The only 30 days I ever got was Chase. They were kind enough to do a hard pull. That was before denying because I'm black listed.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

90% of my approvals were on Sundays!  Unfortunately PenFed denied me today, which happens to be a Sunday Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Pretty sure I was approved by Barclay's on a Sunday.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.