cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are creditors offering long term assistance to those severely affected by COVID?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Are creditors offering long term assistance to those severely affected by COVID?

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have sufficient equity in the house to pay off your debts, you might consider selling the house. This is especially true if your house is in one of the many newly hot markets.

While I certainly wouldn't recommend rushing into that, it's a lot easier to recover from renting for a while than from scores in the 500's.

Ooooooooorrrrrrrr take out a HELOC

Message 11 of 12
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Re: Are creditors offering long term assistance to those severely affected by COVID?

@Anonymous ,

I'm sorry for your healh issues and the financial difficulties that result from them. I lack the finance experitse you requested. 

Mods, if I am breaking any rules here I apologize in advance. Please make any adjustments necessary.

Have you heard of Surviors Corps? It's a grass roots support group for COVID long haulers. The group was founded March 24, 2020 by Diana Berrent a COVID long hauler with multiple sequelae of the disease. I don't know if finance and credit are addressed by the group. It may be worth a look at their site.

The founder has appeared on one of the 24 hour news networks as late as yesterday. I have not been able to locate a clip of that appearance that does not have political opinions in the comment section so no link is provided. Sorry.

The show host is also dealing with the after effects of the disease. He's an advocate for long haulers. If nothing else you may find some emotional support from the 100,000 members.

I have no direct experience with Survivors Corps. Fortunately, I have been spared as of this time. I'm deadly afriad of COVID so I shelter in place with the exception of necessary errands. Yesterday I went to get tags for the cars. The line was long outside the building. Everyone was masked up and mantaining social distance with the exepction of the kook behind me. He wore a mask but was on my heels. I wanted to slap him. He was probably just distracted. 

Hoping you recover fully from the health problems as well as the financial fallout. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.