cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are hotel cards that provide free nights worth keeping long term?

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are hotel cards that provide free nights worth keeping long term?

@jdbkiang wrote:
The way I see it, if you can get your money’s worth, it’s worth it, regardless of brand. If I can pay $95 for a stay that would’ve cost me $200, then why not? It just depends on if I would’ve spent at least $95 in the first place. If not, then it’s forced spending, which is likely a net negative.

@jdbkiang +1. Well said and I agree wholeheartedly.  

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for you insight! I think ultimately I will keep both cards. There arent really any nice hotels that you can get for 75$ or 95$ so it is a steal.

The only difference is that you are just prepaying the 75$ or 95$ Instead or paying it directly to the hotel. I definitely could get use out of the free nights. I just wanted to see if it actually made logical sense considering I primarily stay at Hilton. I will just continue keeping both cards in the SD while only using them for the free night perk going forward.

Message 12 of 13
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

I think credit cards that offer a free night cert. are worth keeping if you travel enough to get value out of them. The best one in my opionion is the old $49AF IHG card paired with the new $89AF version. Two free nights at properties up to 40k points/night is worth more than the combined AF. Add in the fourth night free on redemptions and you just saved a lot of money on a seven night stay.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.