tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Are the Navy Federal Prequalify recommendations Accurate

@Adkins wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Zero for me. I get Shop Member Deals for Extra Rewards and Exclusive Offers

Same here. 🤷

@Adkins  I made the mistake of logging in and checking the online account.

You actually check here https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards as posted upthread.

Message 101 of 162
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Same here. 🤷

You actually check here https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards as posted upthread.

I read the entire thread first. And got this when checking that page: 

You've reached a page that has moved or is no longer available.

Please type a search query and we'll try to help.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 102 of 162
CivalV
Established Contributor

Update: I used the prequalify tool again and applied for the card I prequalified for... 

I was approved for the NRewards CC.. So yay me for getting my foot in the door! Smiley Happy

Message 103 of 162
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Finally could see the prequal link.  Not eligible at this time.  I am currently 88/2, so we will see if that changes in a few days.  3rd statement should drop tomorrow.  I'll edit this post with daily updates between now and my 91, just for DPs.

ETA: 89/3 Not Eligible

ETA: 90/3 Not Eligible

ETA: 91/3 Not Eligible

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 104 of 162
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Brand new NFCU member as of today, waiting to connect accounts so I can fund my NFCU account. Right now, I have zero balances in savings and checking. I don't see a prequalification link/box on my iPhone in Duckduckgo or Chrome. I don't see it on my laptop in Chrome, with or without AdBlock active and on regular or incognito pages. I wouldn't really expect to be prequalified, due to newness, I'm just confused why the link doesn't show up, considering that I'm not logged in. Maybe they track IP or maybe it's luck of the draw?

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 105 of 162
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Brand new NFCU member as of today, waiting to connect accounts so I can fund my NFCU account. Right now, I have zero balances in savings and checking. I don't see a prequalification link/box on my iPhone in Duckduckgo or Chrome. I don't see it on my laptop in Chrome, with or without AdBlock active and on regular or incognito pages. I wouldn't really expect to be prequalified, due to newness, I'm just confused why the link doesn't show up, considering that I'm not logged in. Maybe they track IP or maybe it's luck of the draw?

@KJinNC mine did not show up for several days, and then did on Linux Mint / Chrome today in standard (after not being there yesterday on 4 different computers, each with a different OS and various browser choices).  Not sure if you've cleared your history, etc, but all of that standard refresh stuff might be worth a shot too if you have not tried it.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 106 of 162
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Same here. 🤷

I read the entire thread first. And got this when checking that page: 

You've reached a page that has moved or is no longer available.

Please type a search query and we'll try to help.

@Adkins  Try going to the Navy home page. Click Loans & Credit Card tab, then select credit cards. If it doesn't show up, it may be browser specific. I would recommend trying different ones.

Message 107 of 162
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@KJinNC mine did not show up for several days, and then did on Linux Mint / Chrome today in standard (after not being there yesterday on 4 different computers, each with a different OS and various browser choices).  Not sure if you've cleared your history, etc, but all of that standard refresh stuff might be worth a shot too if you have not tried it.

I tried a hard refresh, still not there, and cleared my cache, still not there.

BUT, I tried in Firefox, and I do see it. Not only that, I saw a URL, which I was able to copy and paste into Chrome. The URL works in both Firefox and Chrome. So, it may work for others who are not seeing the link yet. Here it is:

https://digital.navyfederal.org/prequal-member/

I prequalify for every card NFCU offers, though I am not sure I'll apply yet, because I recently opened four cards and I'm already nervous about AA when they all report. By the time all four do show up, I doubt I'll still prequalify for everything. But, I can wait a while.

Of course, this prequalification link will only work for NFCU members. Hope this helps somebody!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 108 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://digital.navyfederal.org/prequal-member/

@KJinNC 

that link just worked for me on Safari mobile as well!

Message 109 of 162
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Works for me on Firefox 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 110 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.