cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the offers on Creditcards.chase.com pre-approved or just generic options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the offers on Creditcards.chase.com pre-approved or just generic options?

Just happened to be checking my BF's Chase "Credit Journey" account (which just changed to Experian for its Fako score) and noticed a section of "new offers". It takes one to CreditCards.Chase.Com and shows this:

7DDAD61A-4AC1-4848-BFBC-8C2B911D9054.jpeg

While he is not even considering a new card from anyone until he get his Apple Card (or decides he will not get an offer from that that works), I was surprised he had anything here given their recent cut of his limits (despite the substantial rise in his scores subsequently). I presume that the Sapphire is just the standard one (not pre-approved), but the Freedom Unlimited seemed like it might be targeted.

His current Experian FICO 8 is 794.

His TransUnion FICO 8 from the 20th of July (before two of his cards showed zero their balances at $0) was 707.

His TransUnion Vantage 3 score is 762 and his Equifax Vantage 3 score is 746.

Again, he is not looking for new cards from them, just curious what these offers mean.

4 REPLIES 4
AdamC
Valued Member

Re: Are the offers on Creditcards.chase.com pre-approved or just generic options?

I just opened the page while logged out and in an incognito window, and got an identical page. So most likely they are only saying "new offer" because it is a new SUB offer. Someone who knows more about Chase's targeted offers may have a better idea. I usually see what's targeted for me when I check my credit score then check the offers tab at the top of the page. Right now all that page gives me is a couple of auto loan offers.

Sapphire Preferred/Freedom/Freedom Unlimited, DoubleCash/ThankYou Preferred, Blue Cash Everyday, It, Quicksilver, Apple, Signature Connect, and a few store cards
Message 2 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Are the offers on Creditcards.chase.com pre-approved or just generic options?

The green check mark is a preapproval, and black star is prequalified. Both are pretty solid. Especially with set APR, or set APR and limit. also if under 5/24.

Anything without a star or check mark is just marketing.

Message 3 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Agree with both responses.  Just marketing unless it has the green check mark or black star, and "New Offer" is because the 5% on grocery was added to the card.

Message 4 of 5
TSlop
Valued Contributor

If you have a pre-approval, it will also show up here with the green banner. When I had my CFU pre-approval in July, it showed up in both the "Just for you" section and also on the Credit Journey "Offers" tab. If it doesn't have green or black banner with a set APR, it is more than likely just marketing.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.