cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you embarrassed by the card you carry?

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Are you embarrassed by the card you carry?

Haha, a nice fat $100 bill or a few of them. Shows you can pay now and not later too Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

And yes, why didn't Mr. Centurion fit the bill Smiley Wink What's a $500 dinner to someone that has to spend $175k a year Smiley Wink

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 11 of 48
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Never.   

Message 12 of 48
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I have a Cap1 Visa and a Cap1 MC, and I'm not embarrassed at all.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 48
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Not at all.

I pay my own bill, why should I worry how other people going to look at me?

Message 14 of 48
daylove
Regular Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Haha, a nice fat $100 bill or a few of them. Shows you can pay now and not later too Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

And yes, why didn't Mr. Centurion fit the bill Smiley Wink What's a $500 dinner to someone that has to spend $175k a year Smiley Wink

That's not the case there is not a spending minimum once you are a card holder..

Message 15 of 48
hyprble
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't be embarassed about a CapOne card unless it was a photoimage card of myself in the 80s

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 48
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Are you sure about that? Because I read on numerous sites that you have a minimum spend each year...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 17 of 48
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I could care less what anyone thought about my cc.  US Bank treats me well, and that's all I care about. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 18 of 48
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have cards from Citi / Chase / BOA / PNC / NavyFed / Discover / Amex and all other major card issuers. Some how I like to carry my Amex Platinum Charge Card and my PenFed Visa in my wallet. I have no idea why.

Message 19 of 48
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

no kidding. if the guy wants to carry a black amex and spend 2500 dollars a year just to hold a card, he should also be generous enough to flip the bill. centurion amex has an expectation of high expenses. if daddy wants to carry his certified daddyspender card, he need to live up to this expectation and pay for dinner of 20. and no i am not being fecisous either.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.