Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona credit union CC's

tag
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

Arizona credit union CC's

Just wondering what are people's experience with credit union credit cards in AZ from Desert Schools, AZ State CU, AZ Federal, etc, etc 

As far as what bureau was pulled and wether they asked for income verification or not..

Let me know your experience with Arizona CU's please Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Arizona credit union CC's

I am interested as well for sneaky reason.  for example if you are an online student to ASU and you can score credit unions from Arizona and so on

Message 2 of 6
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

Yeah I have an account at Desert Schools and Arizona State CU but I have no idea what they would pull for a CC and if they ask for income verification

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit unions are more likely to ask for VOI with your first lending product. and if you're going to an Arizona based school i don't see how that wouldn't qualify you
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account with Deer Valley Credit Union in Phoenix. My mom had an account for years with Desert Schools Credit Union. For credit cards those 2 use Elan Financial which is located in Fargo ND and basically is an arm of US Bank. 

They run Transunion and are a conservative lender who usually requires a manual review of all apps. I recently received an invitation to apply for a Visa through the CU and got the 7-10 day message. My TU has a $260 medical lab collection on it from 3 years ago and my other bureaus are clean.

Not to enthused about this bank. We are self employed and many credit unions want income verifications which our tax returns won't support with all our deductions.

If you feel you can withstand the scrutiny and your scores are high with low debt to income ratios, go for it. Desert Schools is open to all AZ residents.

Message 5 of 6
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

great info about Elan

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.