cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrrgghhh! I finally have an ollo card offer in my Credit Karma offers but....

tag
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Arrrgghhh! I finally have an ollo card offer in my Credit Karma offers but....

..... it's the ollo Rewards Mastercard  (boo). 

I'm always thinking about the AOD 3% CB benefit possibly ending at any time.  So I am constantly on the hunt for a non-rotator daily Plan B.  My current Plan B is going back to my citi DC (2% CB) base card (combined with some other cards that get 3% in certain categories) but I'd love to have at least a 2.5% base card.  The Alliant 2.5% is not off the table, but I think I'd rather choose the ollo Optimum MC (if it's up to me).  So, I'm always looking at my CK card offers with my fingers crossed that the Optimum will be there one day.  Until tonight, I have not seen any ollo cards in my CK offers.    

ollo Rewards MC 2% CB gas, groc, and drug, 1% all else  (boo)

ollo Optimum MC 2.5% CB all  ( Smiley Very Happy )

I think all ollo cards are invite only, correct?  

So, while excited that I am finally seeing my first ollo card invite (with a $50 CK approval guarantee no less), I am bummed that it is not the Optimum.

Is this a good sign that I got an ollo invite at all and possibly the Optimum invite is coming one day, or not necessarily?    

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Bill77
Regular Contributor

Re: Arrrgghhh! I finally have an ollo card offer in my Credit Karma offers but....

I don't think it's invite only any more for the Rewards version.  My Credit Karma account has it available and is offering to pay you $50 if you apply and get declined for the card.  I'd much rather have a general 2% cash back card with a SUB than this Ollo version.

Message 2 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Arrrgghhh! I finally have an ollo card offer in my Credit Karma offers but....

I think it is invite only still. Don't know how reliable CK would be though, since they're paid to advertise to you.

I, too, have an offer for the Ollo rewards card. I currently hold the Ollo Platinum. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 10
Bill77
Regular Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I think it is invite only still. Don't know how reliable CK would be though, since they're paid to advertise to you.

I, too, have an offer for the Ollo rewards card. I currently hold the Ollo Platinum. 

Not sure I'm following you. You can apply for Ollo through a partnership and link in CK so not sure how that qualifies as invite only as anybody can join CK.  And there are several CK reviews of people being approved. Either way the cash back is kind of weak so not for me.

Message 4 of 10
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Bill77 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Not sure I'm following you. You can apply for Ollo through a partnership and link in CK so not sure how that qualifies as invite only as anybody can join CK.  And there are several CK reviews of people being approved. Either way the cash back is kind of weak so not for me.

I could be mistaken but I do think all 3 ollo cards (Rewards, Platinum, Optimum) are invite only.  It appearing in your CK offers is the 'invitation'.  Smiley Wink  

https://www.ollocard.com/

https://www.ollocard.com/Optimum-Card

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Bill77 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

You can't apply for an Ollo card directly. You need an invite, either through snail mail or via email, or through a CK link. And yes, anyone can join CK, but not everyone gets an "invite" to apply for Ollo (i.e., me. I went through my whole list of recommendations and didn't see any Ollo card). As @ptatohed said above, the "preapproval"/suggestion to apply IS your invite. But it's not available to just anyone.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 10
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@Bill77 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I have a CK account, and I've never seen an Ollo offer.

Message 7 of 10
Bill77
Regular Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

@Bill77 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I have a CK account, and I've never seen an Ollo offer.

Me either until 7 days ago.  Of course it's the not the Ollo card version I would consider.  

Message 8 of 10
batsy71
Regular Contributor

Don' forget Fordpass rewards visa that gives you 3.3% cb on upto 6000$ spend/yr. They have a Lincoln version too that you can apply separately with same features so the 2 cards combined get you to 3.3% cb on upto 12000$/yr. if you have a spouse/roommate and they apply too that takes you to upto 24k$/yr.

Message 9 of 10
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

Just heard of the optimum card, do have the other 2 cards. Just got the rewards card with a 3k limit a month or so ago. Just showed up when I logged in, overall pretty happy with them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.