Did you mean: 

Ashley Furniture card

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ashley Furniture card

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@tanyia1969 wrote:

Went to Ashley's furniture with my mom, she was looking for a new bedroom set. While there I saw a set I wanted. The salesman told me to apply for the card at the Kiosk throughout the store, all you need is a credit score 650 or above he said. It was very tempting I must say. I walked over to the machine and started sweating i just couldnt push the button, embarrassment is not my thing.

Does anyone know if this card is hard to get?

I wouldn't say it is a hard card to get. I got approved for an Ashley Card a few months ago. The rep. told me that my Experian score (highest score at the time)  would be pulled, but they actually pulled Transunion. My lowest score has always been Transunion & it was around a 670 at that time. I was approved for $4500 and the card was issued to me by Wells Fargo. Good Luck!

your Ashley card is issued by Wells?

Message 11 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@tanyia1969 wrote:

Went to Ashley's furniture with my mom, she was looking for a new bedroom set. While there I saw a set I wanted. The salesman told me to apply for the card at the Kiosk throughout the store, all you need is a credit score 650 or above he said. It was very tempting I must say. I walked over to the machine and started sweating i just couldnt push the button, embarrassment is not my thing.

Does anyone know if this card is hard to get?

I wouldn't say it is a hard card to get. I got approved for an Ashley Card a few months ago. The rep. told me that my Experian score (highest score at the time)  would be pulled, but they actually pulled Transunion. My lowest score has always been Transunion & it was around a 670 at that time. I was approved for $4500 and the card was issued to me by Wells Fargo. Good Luck!

your Ashley card is issued by Wells?

Ashley card isn't issued by Wells Fargo. Have no idea if we're talking about the same store but Ashley Furniture still finances through GECRB.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 22
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

The card does not have an Ashley's Logo on it or anything, but I applied for financing at an Ashley's Furniture store and was approved for the card through Wells Fargo. I also live in TX so I'm not sure if your location matters as well. Thanks

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 13 of 22
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@Maiden_girl

I applied for financing at an ASHLEY'S FURNITURE STORE and was approved for $4500  through Wells Fargo. I have a furniture store card issued through Wells Fargo.  I applied for financing at an Ashley's store, was approved for the card I currently have, and the insurer is Wells Fargo. To my knowledge there is only 1 Ashley's Furniture so it is the same store. Thanks

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 14 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Come to think of it some markets use to or still do for that matter finance through wells as tier 1 and ge as tier 2... here in CA I think it's just GE with no wells!

think with the GE version any difference applying in store on that kiosk then now online?

Message 15 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

It doesn't make a difference if it's in store or online. The app takes you straight to GE finance page...even the in store kiosk has GE logos all over it. I never heard of a company issuing a card with a different financier based on where you live. That's news to me! Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 22
mo15473
Contributor

Just left Ashley Furniture this past weekend. They had great deals. and 0% for 36 months. went to make a payment to RAC. Does anyone know if GE still pulls EX for Furniture store cards ? My RAC only has one payment left and Ashley was pushing me to put in a app for GE since I have always paid ontime with RAC who reports to EX and TU.

Message 17 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mo15473 wrote:

Just left Ashley Furniture this past weekend. They had great deals. and 0% for 36 months. went to make a payment to RAC. Does anyone know if GE still pulls EX for Furniture store cards ? My RAC only has one payment left and Ashley was pushing me to put in a app for GE since I have always paid ontime with RAC who reports to EX and TU.

They pulled GE and EX I believe it was for me.

Message 18 of 22
mo15473
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mo15473 wrote:

They pulled GE and EX I believe it was for me.

Cool thats all I need to know. Did you happen to make a move and get a anything ?

Message 19 of 22
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I was instantly denied for the card through Ashley.  Was a Wells Fargo Card though not GE, DG ended up apping and getting it, I have a higher CS but I also have a BK showing which is probably the reason for denial (I do have a 30k auto loan through Wells Fargo though).  I wouldn't purchase anything from Ashley again, our kitchen table purchasing experience was a nightmare. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.