Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Asked for Macy's store card upgrade

@tsquad131 wrote:

I just got approved for the store card and called in and asked if i could upgrade to the american express card and they told me they put in a request but it wouldn't result in a hard pull. Havent called back and checked the status on the upgrade yet

If you just applied recently, I wouldn't put in a request now because when you apply your already considered for the amex first and if you don't qualify they then consider you for the store card.  Unless they are somehow using the credit pull they already have, applying for the amex card is a hard pull

Message 11 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I think that is what the customer service representative told me since i had applied recently they will use my credit report they just pulled because it was very recent

amazon
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tsquad131 wrote:

I just got approved for the store card and called in and asked if i could upgrade to the american express card and they told me they put in a request but it wouldn't result in a hard pull. Havent called back and checked the status on the upgrade yet

If you just applied recently, I wouldn't put in a request now because when you apply your already considered for the amex first and if you don't qualify they then consider you for the store card.  Unless they are somehow using the credit pull they already have, applying for the amex card is a hard pull

I think that's only true if he applied in store. Online applications seem to only yield a store card.

Message 13 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tsquad131 wrote:

I think that's only true if he applied in store. Online applications seem to only yield a store card.

oh yes, sorry you are correct... didn't even think about if they had applied online

Message 14 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I applied in store I just wanted to see if they will reconsider for amex if i called the backdoor number tomorrow

amazon
Message 15 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:

I applied in store I just wanted to see if they will reconsider for amex if i called the backdoor number tomorrow

what limit did you get on the store card?

Message 16 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

only $600

amazon
Message 17 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

thanks everyone for making me more aware that it is a hard pull since i've had my card since 2006.

If i was to get a macy's amex card, would the date opened be the orignal 2006 date since they are both macy's cards (going off of what amex does with backdating) or todays's date if i was to get it now. thanks

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.