Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking Chase to Report Balances

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Asking Chase to Report Balances

Having paid down the balances on my eight Chase cards, I wanted their new balances reported to the credit bureaus as soon as possible. I've heard that Chase is willing to report anytime upon request of the cardholder. 

So I called Chase but the relevant department was closed over the long weekend. Instead, I sent eight messages to Chase (one for each card) via their secure messaging system on the Chase website. The way their system works, you have to make the same request for each card account separately.

The responses I got back varied widely depending on the CSR who replied. Some of them didn't understand my request at all. Others said they would forward my request to the appropriate department. Still others said that Chase reports balances on the same day each month for a particular card, and that date can't be changed.

Apparently if Chase indeed is willing to report to the credit bureaus on demand, they haven't infomed all their CSRs!

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asking Chase to Report Balances

Chase is known to update if you take the balance down to zero anytime during the month. If you paid these to 0 and there were no outstanding charges that would post the night it became 0 it will be reported within a few days.

Message 2 of 4
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase is known to update if you take the balance down to zero anytime during the month. If you paid these to 0 and there were no outstanding charges that would post the night it became 0 it will be reported within a few days.

Thanks, I remember that feature of Chase cards. But in this case I didn't pay the balances down to Zero. I've heard that Chase will report to the credit bureaus on demand as well, regardless of balances. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You need to pay them to zero in order for chase to do off cycle reporting.

I'm not sure where you've seen that Chase is willing to report when  consumer requests it. If they do it for you, it will be an exception, not the rule. 

Can't hurt to try if you really need your new balances reported before next statement. 

I tried once a couple of years ago during my balance neurosis day, twas a no go, but I didn't push it past the first SM.

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.