cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for APR reduction...who are the creditors that don't require a hard pull?

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Asking for APR reduction...who are the creditors that don't require a hard pull?

Greetings all!!  Since I'm in the midst of home hunting, I am not in the market to ask for any more credit...but I can definitely look at reducing some of APRs on a few cards.  I know Discover and AMEX don't require a hard pull to ask for an APR reduction..but I am looking to ask NFCU, Penfed, and Huntington for APR reductions.  Do they require a hard pull to ask?  Thanks in advance for any insight!!!  Smiley Happy

**i should also add, what about BofA?  I did get one APR reduction with them, but can't remember if it was a hard pull or not.

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asking for APR reduction...who are the creditors that don't require a hard pull?

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Greetings all!!  Since I'm in the midst of home hunting, I am not in the market to ask for any more credit...but I can definitely look at reducing some of APRs on a few cards.  I know Discover and AMEX don't require a hard pull to ask for an APR reduction..but I am looking to ask NFCU, Penfed, and Huntington for APR reductions.  Do they require a hard pull to ask?  Thanks in advance for any insight!!!  Smiley Happy

I can only answer for NFCU.  It's not a HP but you can only ask for an APR reduction after the card is a year old and then can ask every year after.

Message 2 of 4
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Asking for APR reduction...who are the creditors that don't require a hard pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

I can only answer for NFCU.  It's not a HP but you can only ask for an APR reduction after the card is a year old and then can ask every year after.

Awesome!  Thank you.  I have one card turning a year old in a couple of weeks.  

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 3 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

Yes, you can call BofA and get your APR down, no HP.

I was able to get the APR down 6 points after calling 2 times. The 3rd time they told me that's the lowest I can get, still 1 or 2% above the minimum they advertise.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.